TPG Community

Get online support

Changing Modems from tpg (delivered) to Dlink DSL - 2888A

SOLVED Go to solution
GILLETTD
Level 2

Hi, I followed all instruction from the tpg website for the dlink model specified above and no luck. Reading some of the other post someone mentions that the username must be prefixed with @TPG.com.au ?? Can somebody confirm that please.

I need to say that I tried to call and waited for about 15 mins and nobody to respond ...great service Smiley Sad 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GILLETTD
Level 2

I got it to work but following the setup for the dlink model that uses the dsl port rather than the wan port rD-Link DSL-3785 Wireless AC1200 Dual-Band Gigabit.

thanks 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @GILLETTD . Were these the instructions you used?

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/How-to-set-up-your-D-Link-DSL-2888A-Wireless-AC16...

Your only consideration is your type of plan: Bundled, or Data only, regarding VLAN.

You can check the setting in the TPG router.

There is debate about whether @tpg.com.au is needed, but try it both ways. It is a suffix (at the end).

BasilDV

Hi @GILLETTD 

Even if you do not use the @TPG.com.au, the device should still authenticate given that you've configured it correctly based on the type of NBN plan you have.

To confirm if you need to use the VLAN ID, then send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

GILLETTD
Level 2

I got it to work but following the setup for the dlink model that uses the dsl port rather than the wan port rD-Link DSL-3785 Wireless AC1200 Dual-Band Gigabit.

thanks