TPG Community

Get online support

Connect D-Link AX1500 Mesh to Archer Router

Paullym67
Level 2

Hi, I am  trying to connect up my new D-Link AX1500 Mesh system to my TPG Archer Router to no avail. It keeps prompting me for a PPPoE Account and password??? I need to keep the TPG router installed as I have VOIP for my back to base alarm system but wanted to set up the mesh as it is a big house with lots of black spots. 

Any help greatly appreciated - many thanks.

Cheers Paully

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @Paullym67

There are different types of Mesh router under the D-Link AX1500 Mesh.

Could you provide the exact model number of the device that you have?

Also, attach a picture for future reference.

BasilDV

Paullym67
Level 2

Sorry yes it is the Eagle Pro AI AX1500 M15 mesh

BasilDV

Hi @Paullym67

What setup have you tried to use for the main Mesh router?

Also, you need to disable the DHCP of the main mesh since you'll be using it as an access point with your main modem/router.

BasilDV

Paullym67
Level 2

All I have tried is their half baked 'simple' instructions but cant get beyond the PPPoE username and password issue aftere i install then app and search for the device. Its clear my TPG router settings need to change but that is where i need help please. What ever happened to the good old days of simple plug and play???

BasilDV

You are not going to use the PPPoE settings since you are using it as an access point.

It is better to contact the support for the D-Link Mesh device for them to guide you with the correct setup.

We do have limited information with any 3rd party device.

BasilDV

david64
Master

@Paullym67 . Have you adjusted Operation Mode?  

You need bridge mode or extender mode.

Go to Settings > Operation Mode to select your operation mode. Depending on your network architecture, you can confgure the router to function as one of the following types of network device: router, extender, or bridge.
Router Mode: In this mode, the R15 directly connects to the Internet provided by your ISP (Internet Service Provider). All client devices from a network group are connected and managed under this router. This is the default mode.

Bridge Mode: In this Mode, the R15 extends your existing network and improves overall Wi-Fi coverage, meaning that you already have a router on the premises. Under this mode, the DHCP Server, Parental Control, QoS, and Firewall settings rely on the existing router.
Extender Mode: In this mode, this device acts as an extender to connect your wireless devices, expanding Wi-Fi coverage. It provides connectivity between various wireless devices. This can be useful if you already have an existing wireless router.

The manual can be found here.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://support.dlink.com/resource/PRODUCTS/R15...