TPG Community

Get online support

DSL Dropouts and very slow upload

Philip903
Level 2
Hi team

Normally we have over 14mbs download. Currently it is down to just under 6mbs but the upload is only 100kbs which is making internet browsing and streaming next to impossible. I’m currently posting this using 4g.

I’ve isolated the hardware, tried different modem, filter, no filter, phone lines all to no effect. Tried reboot first as well.

Waited on the phone for 15 minutes but gave up, apologies but I had other things to do.

Unable to complete the speed test on your website. Around 2.5mbs download and zero upload with pings 155 to 242.

Is there a current known service issue.

In any event the dropouts are much more frequent over the past 12 months and appear to increasing.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ps can not attach photo files from iPhone as the JPEG extension is not permitted. Sigh.

Phil
5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @Philip903,

Welcome to the community!

I was able to locate your account using your community details. I ran initial tests on your service and it shows a possible line fault.

I would like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for further test and investigation. I'd like to get your best contact number and preferred time.

In case you need a reference: How to send a PM.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @Philip903,

Thanks for sending me your details. I arranged one of our Technicians to call you today between 3-3:30PM. Make sure that you will be available and let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

BasilDV

Hi @Philip903,

I understand that you were able to speak with our Tech team and the case was escalated to our Engineering team. There was an evident fault on the copper network and they've requested for the help of Telstra's technician to resolve this. We were advised that they will check the service anytime until the 7th of November. Further updates will be given by them.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Philip903
Level 2
Hey guys
Had a good short conversation with your techs who confirmed the line fault with 10 minutes of diagnostic. They have booked in Telstra to check out the copper line issue within a week.
Will let you know how it goes.
Thanks again for the speedy response.
Rica_R

You're welcome @Philip903, thanks for keeping us posted. Glad to hear that a Telstra Technician will be out to rectify the fault. Should you require any further assistance, please let us know.