TPG Community

Get online support

Enabling WDS on VR1600V

orbistat
Level 8

Copy that, have you exhausted all other menu possibilities for the WDS setting? I don't have access to a vr1600v today although I've got a TD-VG5612 I can look at, it's basically a dumbed down version of your vr1600v running the blue tp-link firmware, it's WDS setting appears in the basic wireless section as per this screenshot. Have a look in the off chance it's there.

image.png

mbiondo
Level 3

Yes, I have exhausted all the other menu options. The checkbox to enable WDS is no where to be found.

orbistat
Level 8

That is a mystery, the only other place I've seen it on TP-Link web interfaces is on a current model running the new style firmware, Advanced>System Tools>System Parameters and there was a check box for Enable WDS Bridging, I can't see any other firmware version on the TP-LInk website.

Do you have the option of connecting the additional access point to the TP-Link via Ethernet? Is the wireless extender a router or a dedicated wireless only extender? An Ethernet connection would be the preferred option over WDS to maintain the full throughput.

karibu
Level 2

Hi. I'm just wondering why this is marked as solved. I'm having the same problem and running an ethernet cable is not an option. 

mbiondo
Level 3
I don't know why this was marked as resolved. For me, I was able to run an Ethernet cable and that fixed the problem. But the fact remains that no WDS function exists on this modem, and that either needs to be rectified or corrected.
Erika

Hi @mbiondo

Can you please tell us the firmware version of your modem? 

Cheers, 

karibu
Level 2

Hi Erika,

I'm having exactly the same issue as @mbiondo, and I've checked and tried the same things.
WDS does not seem available anywhere.

My firmware version is:

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 171027 Rel.38125n
Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

There doesn't seem to be any firmware downloads (even this version) available on the internet.

Thanks

whitelamppost
Level 2

I'm also having this issue with my TPG provided VR1600v. I am very disappointed to find out that this router does not have a WDS option, as the VR600v has full WDS support.

When will we see this fixed? I bought this router intending to use this feature.

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 171027 Rel.38125n 

Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

Joseph_D

@whitelamppost my apologies for the inconvinience that this has caused you. WDS is currently not supported by the TPG supplied. Did you purchase this separately from us or is it part of the package? Our current NBN plans come with the modem / router. Please see https://tpg.com.au/nbn

BasilDV

Hi @whitelamppost,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Unfortunately, WDS is not supported on VR1600v.

Kind regards,

BasilDV