TPG Community

Get online support

HG659 hardware ver B please provide latest firmware

SOLVED Go to solution
doilikeit82
Level 3

Thank you so much Joseph.

I hope the new modem can resolve my current issue smoothly.

Shane

You're welcome @doilikeit82 let us know how it will go. Smiley Happy

doilikeit82
Level 3

Hi there,

When I was on a call with one of senior network technician, I was told that the new modem would be TP-Link  Archer VR600v. But, the model that I have received today turned out to be the same Huawei HG 659, which I have lost my faith on it already.

I do not quite understand what is going on here. can someone help me understand it?

Mel_G

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused, @doilikeit82.

The make and model of modem/router supplied are subject to availability, but as you were promised by the Senior Technician that a TP-Link Archer VR600v will be provided we will make another request for the said device to be sent out. We will also make a request so you can return the modem that was sent to you.

doilikeit82
Level 3

Great, Thank you for your great support. I have been keeping my faith on TPG and I am getting benefits of having been doing so now.  :-)

doilikeit82
Level 3

Hi there TPG,

As I haven't got any responses for last 2 days, here are two questions

1. When would be the pick-up service arranged for the device which was sent to me incorrectly?  Should I call TPG to inform that I am waiting for pick-up service to be arranged? there is a warning that my account will be charged with full amount if the device is not returned back to TPG within 14 days upon reception.

2. I assume that TP-Link VR1600v is not available at the moment so that I am not being contacted. is this right? 

Riezl

Hi @doilikeit82, thanks for getting back to us.

We have sent you a private message with a resolution to the concerns you have raised.

Please check our response.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

PhongThan
Level 2

Hi there, 

can you upgrade my Huawei Home Gateway HG659 modem to the latest firmware please, thank you

Hardware version: VER.B

software version: V100R001C216B112

Ahra_G

Hi PhongThan

Welcome to TPG Community! 

I tried searching for your account however I cannot confidently verify the details. Could you please send your Customer ID or username via private message so we can assist you accordingly? 

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks! 

Hamish
Level 2

My internet has been dropping out constantly and I think I need a firmware upgrade for it to stop.