TPG Community

Get online support

Huiwei HG659 LAN issue

waynes1967
Level 3

Hi guys,

I am having trouble getting the LAN to work on the modem. It will only work with wireless and not when a network cable is plugged in.

I am getting the error as follows....

Connected Missing translation: lan.Duplexmode_undefined undefinedMbps

and it keeps telling me the network cable is not plugged in when it is in and I have tried several different network cables but none are recognised...

My modem info is as follows.....

Product type:
HG659
Device ID:
00E0FC-J3N8W16C07004900
Hardware version:
VER.B
Software version:
V100R001C216B111
Thanks,
Wayne

12 REPLIES 12
BasilDV

Hi @waynes1967,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Have you tried all of the LAN ports of the modem? How many computers have you tried to connect via LAN? What is the troubleshooting that you've done so far?

We'd like to analyze it further as we were able to locate your account and can see that the internet is working fine.

Kind regards,

waynes1967
Level 3

Hi Basil,

I have tried all the ports on the router and have tried the cable to my Laptop and a network HDD, but no lights come up on the modem/router.

I have used 3 different network cables (CAT5) and none of them work either.

I have uninstalled the network card drivers and reinstalled them but no luck.

The cabled network was working initially but stopped a couple months back, which probably leads me to think the modem is faulty or needs a BIOS update

Ahra_G

Thanks for the additional info, waynes1967

I have requested to our Technical Team to proceed with the firmware upgrade to see if that would do the fix. 

We'll revert to you once we receive a confirmation that it's been processed. 

Feel free to let us know should you have further queries. 

Cheers! 

BasilDV

Hi @waynes1967,

Have you tried to reset/restore factory default your modem? You did not mention that you've done that already. If it's still not working, I'll arrange a call from our Tech team to check this further.

Please shoot me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

Kind regards,

waynes1967
Level 3

Hi Basil,

Tried full reset this morning and still no LAN connection showing from 2 different PC's using 2 different cables.

I am overseas from tomorrow for 2 weeks so I will organise this once I return around the 17th Sept.

Thanks for your assistance.

BasilDV

Hi @waynes1967,

Thank you for the update. Just get back to us once your back from your trip so we can arrange a call for you.

Take care,

BasilDV

waynes1967
Level 3

Hi BasilDV,

I have returned from overseas trip and keen to get the network issue resolved however, I work from 8am to 6pm daily, so a little restricted with time to get a call until after 6pm at the moment.

Thanks,

Wayne

BasilDV

Hi @waynes1967,

Thanks for getting back to us. Are you available to take in calls today? Or do you prefer to be contacted tomorrow instead?

Please shoot me a PM of the best number to contact you.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @waynes1967,

I'll arrange a call from our Tech team and will use the number on the account.

If you have a new number, please send it via PM.

Kind regards,

BasilDV