TPG Community

Get online support

Is TPLINK Archer VR2800 suitable for NBN FTTN modem

SOLVED Go to solution
gbf2615
Level 3

Can I use TPLINK Archer VR2800 as a direct replacement for TPG provided modem on NBN FTTN residential connection?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @gbf2615 ,

I am not sure if the Vr1600 and Vr2800 have the same user interface but if they did, you may try to follow the steps given to this article or check this existing thread

You may also follow this connection setup.

Username: <Your TPG username>
Password: <Your TPG Account Password>
Protocol / Encapsulation / Connection Type: PPPoE(sometimes, you'll have PPPoE LLC)
VLAN ID: 2

We'd like to set your expectation that the VOIP service will not work should you proceed in using your modem as it is only provisioned on the TPG supplied equipment.

Regards,

@gbf2615 wrote:

Can I use TPLINK Archer VR2800 as a direct replacement for TPG provided modem on NBN FTTN residential connection?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @gbf2615 ,

I am not sure if the Vr1600 and Vr2800 have the same user interface but if they did, you may try to follow the steps given to this article or check this existing thread

You may also follow this connection setup.

Username: <Your TPG username>
Password: <Your TPG Account Password>
Protocol / Encapsulation / Connection Type: PPPoE(sometimes, you'll have PPPoE LLC)
VLAN ID: 2

We'd like to set your expectation that the VOIP service will not work should you proceed in using your modem as it is only provisioned on the TPG supplied equipment.

Regards,

@gbf2615 wrote:

gbf2615
Level 3

Hi Shane
The crucial bit of information that got the TPLINK Archer VR2800 connected to NBN FTTN was the
VLAND ID  = 2
It took a while to find where to set this value in the modem/router interface.

I am very grateful for your assistance.
Regards Glen

Shane

Hi @gbf2615,

I am glad to know that its now connected and working! Smiley Happy

Do not hesitate to create a new thread for any queries in the future.

Cheers!

Hi Shane
The crucial bit of information that got the TPLINK Archer VR2800 connected to NBN FTTN was the
VLAND ID  = 2
It took a while to find where to set this value in the modem/router interface.

I am very grateful for your assistance.
Regards Glen

Briantehan
Level 2

To get the VR2800 to work on TPG NBN, you need to select "other", TPG ADSL, for example. When you select other, you will get access to the VDSL menu - change the VLAN id to 2. Put in your userid and password and it will work. It works better than the VR1600, for sure. 

tund
Level 2

Hi, I have spent 2 hours configuring the TP-Link Archer VR2800 with no luck, then call TPG Technical support.

It turned out to be I needed to disable (choose No Tag) VLAN ID, rather than setting it to 2.

I just want to report here to hopefully save time for someone else.