TPG Community

Get online support

Mobile Home Wireless Bridge

p1ugga
Level 2

Just recived my TP-link VX420-g2h and trying to figure out how (if possible) to use it as just a modem and allow my RT-AC88U to handle the router/wifi side of things. 

15 REPLIES 15
Ahra_G

Hi @p1ugga,

You may find these articles helpful:

Feel free to let us know should you require further assistance.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

david64
Level 15

@Ahra_G . I think @p1ugga wants to run the VX420-g2h in bridge mode (so that user's Asus router can do all router functions). Is bridge mode possible on this model? TP-Link haven't produced a user guide for this model. If TPG has fiddled with the firmware, TPG should provide a user manual.

p1ugga
Level 2
@david64
Exactly what I’m after!
Shane

Hi @p1ugga,

We raised this to our Network Engineering Team, we will post an update on this thread when it becomes available.

Regards,

@david64
Exactly what I’m after!
BasilDV

Hi @p1ugga

Just a confirmation.

Do you have an NBN service with us or you are under the Home Wireless Broadband?

Also, are you able to send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to check on this further.

BasilDV

julianoliver
Level 2

I would also like to configure the VX420 in bridge mode. I do not have enough privileges to send a PM.

Shane

Hi @julianoliver,

The configuration of the modem/router for our Home Wireless broadband is different from a typical broadband service like NBN. If you'll bridge the device, you'll not be able to access the internet as the configuration will be lost on your modem/router. You may use a mesh network that's connected to the provided modem/router or use an access point.

Regards,

I would also like to configure the VX420 in bridge mode. I do not have enough privileges to send a PM.

julianoliver
Level 2

Thanks @Shane 

When I try to attach a mesh network (Google Nest Wifi) to the WAN port of the router, I don't get any traffic to the port. I presume that the router is configured to not allow WAN use. How can I remedy this?

Thanks

david64
Level 15

@julianoliver . The WAN port is for an ethernet connection to a NBN box. The DSL port is for FTTB/FTTN connection. (The G2H is a hybrid where the 4G is used as backup to DSL or WAN connections. Here, 4G is the primary connection.) 

The Google Nest has to be attached via LAN port and function as access point.

Unless you experiment with the VX and happen to come across the settings to bridge the 4G connection.