TPG Community

Get online support

Modem dead after storm

avdwhans
Level 2

Massive storm last night now my nbn modem is dead no lights 

Power is fine all working but no lights at all 

Its 100% dead its the nbn onefrom tpgso how do i go about getting a new one fast?

10 REPLIES 10
Manuel
Community Manager

Hi @avdwhans,

Looks like last nights storm has knocked the modem out and has dropped the internet connection.

As per our phone conversation I have organised a replacement modem to be sent to you as I understand how important the internet is to you.

In your case you have a TP Link 1600V modem and i we recommend if you have any issue with this modem to follow this guide to help you get back online: How to setup up you TP Link 1600v

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

avdwhans
Level 2

Hi i just got a message saying its only just been sent out now 3 days after it was supposed to be that means i wont get it until next week some time now is this right ?

Why has it taken so long to send out and is there any way to track it at all ?

avdwhans
Level 2

No i get sent a tracking number that doesent work cheers guys for stuff all 

Would have been beter off buying my own 

Riezl

Hi @avdwhans,

Once your TPG modem order is shipped from our warehouse, we will send you an email and SMS confirmation containing important delivery information.

If you weren't home when StarTrack attempted the delivery, they'll leave a card in your mailbox.

Your delivery will be held at a StarTrack location or your Local Post Office for 7 days before being returned to TPG.

We have created this article that will help you on How To Check TPG Modem Delivery Status

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

avdwhans
Level 2

Hi igot the modem delivered to my door aan hour ago thankyou for that

But since it has been plugged in comes up saying newly installed broadband equipment is waiting to be automatically configured ?

Thought it was preloaded ready to go nothing happened so far been on for over an hour reboot few times but still wont work 

orbistat
Level 8

Hi @avdwhans Give it time and it should work, the configuration server that it's trying to communicate with is probably working on a time interval that authenticates at certain times of the day or night.

avdwhans
Level 2

Still not connected talked to support and they cant work itout as well came with wrong user name and password set in it as well and keeps having issues with that .

Wont stay set to the right info and wont connect to the internet. 

Riezl

Hi @avdwhans, orbistat was right. Your modem shows connected to our server now and your internet should be up and running.

For some cases, the modem needs to be manually configured and we have created an article, which can guide customers on How to set up your TP-Link VR1600v modem

gk988813
Level 2

Night before last we had a storm and now my modem is dead. Same as avdwhans.

I have three months to go on my contract, will it be rerplaced on warranty?