TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Connection Box flashing red light with clicking sound

rohailkhan
Level 2
I was rearranging the cables and just powered off the NBN connection box for a while. After few minutes, open the power supply and NBN box is flashing the red light with clicking sound.

I have tried all possible solutions available on community and NBN troubleshooting page, like power recycling for 10 seconds, resetting the NBN box, checked the NBN service outage in our area, no planned outage.

I have also logged the faulty request ticket via TPG app.

Guys need help as to how the technician can make a visit to resolve the issue considering there is a long weekend tomorrow for four days. After going through the forum discussions, only technician can fix it after making the visit.

Any assistance as to how to contact TPG customer service or technician to visit during long weekend other wise our holidays will be ruined. Thank you in advance for the much needed help.
10 REPLIES 10
BasilDV

Hi @rohailkhan

As you've advised that you rearranged the cables, did you check if they are reconnected firmly to your devices?

If yes, did you notice any damage to the cable connecting your NBN box?

We'd like to run some test to check on this further and request for a technician if needed.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you.

BasilDV

rohailkhan
Level 2
Hi Basil, I have double checked the cables and they are firmly connected and there has been no damage to the NBN box. Further, there is no damage outside, lightening, storm etc. There is also no NBN service outage in my area or address.

It was just a simple shutdown and then restart to put in another power plug. And it stopped working.

I have already PM you my customer ID.

BasilDV

Hi @rohailkhan

I received the account details and understand that this case has been raised to our Engineers.

An NBN technician visit was requested to help us check what happened to your service.

Further updates will be provided by your assigned Engineer within 24 to 48 hours.

BasilDV

rohailkhan
Level 2
Thanks Basil, I will wait for the assigned engineer or your response on the issue.

Regards,
Rohail
rohailkhan
Level 2
Hi Basil,

I just got message from TPG that a NBN technician will visit at our premises on 20th April Wednesday to look into issue.

It will after 6 days due to long weekend, I was wondering it is any possibility of visit or resolving the issue before that?

I don’t understand why remotely the issue can’t be fixed? is there a problem outside our house etc?
BasilDV

Hi @rohailkhan

Our Engineers can't detect exactly the fault within the network, which is why an NBN technician was requested to help us with the investigation.

The schedule that was provided is the earliest available from NBN Co.

BasilDV

david64
Level 15

Hi @rohailkhan . Many users have this problem but the resolution is never posted back in Community. Either NBN box or DPU under footpath.

Do you have another phone outlet in your house that is still connected to the main phone line? Plug the NBN box in. If the red light is still on, you have to wait for NBN.

Meanwhile, you might be able to check the wires in the wall socket. Check the wires haven't broken or come loose.

BasilDV

Hi @rohailkhan

We understand that the NBN technician attended the job and replaced the faulty hardware in the joint.

The service has been restored and working within specification.

Have a good day!

BasilDV

rohailkhan
Level 2
Hi Basil,

The technician visited today morning after the long weekend (6 days) and now the Internet is restored.

The only downside was spend longweekend without internet and had to purchase a lot extra data on both mobile (mine and wifes) to manage kids and their entertainment.

Just an advice to solve these kind of issues remotely to avoid long delays. Anyhow, much appreciated your support and assistance. Also the technician was very good in resolving the issue.

Best regards,
Rohail Aziz