NBN Dropout

MJO
Level 2
Level 2
My NBN service has dropped out and I am working from home. I have sent you a message, with no response, and tried to call your support line, however it is too busy to take my call. I had a similar problem last week that eventually fixed itself.

My NBN box is failing to connect to the service, but my modem is working fine. I have disconnected and turned off both the NBN box and my modem, left them for 10 mins and then reconnected everything and turned them back on. This hasn’t fixed the problem. Now my NBN box has a solid green “power” light, but the downstream light continually flashes green. My upstream and online lights are off (no flashing or lights at all).

This is the first time I’ve had to contact TPG support and it’s very frustrating not being able to get through to someone. I can’t work without the internet.

Please help
7 REPLIES 7
Riezl

Hi @MJO, we're sorry to know that you're having issues with the service and we apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you.

We have tried to locate the account using your community details, but we were unable to find a match.

Please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help get to the bottom of this.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

MJO
Level 2
Level 2
Hi Riezl,

Thank you for the response. I have PM’d you.

I received an sms this morning stating that NBN Co are currently trying to identify the problem and there is no ETA for repairs. Very frustrating, but it doesn’t appear to be a TPG problem. NBN Co could have installed a whole new hub by now, instead of giving empty responses that they can’t identify the problem (I should know since I used to design the NBN networks for new sub divisions). To be honest NBN Co probably haven’t even sent a tech crew out to the hub to run diagnostic checks.

On a side note, TPG really need to review their support service. 12 hrs is a long time to make initial contact with a customer that has a problem. And why have a customer support phone number when people can’t use the service due to a large number of calls (which appears to always be the case). Provide a call back service or an online chat service (such as what Optus and Telstra use) and ensure that you respond with in a two hour period.

Hopefully TPG run self audit checks on their customer support services to see just how bad it is and then work to improve the service because there appears to be a lot of frustrated people on this community forum.

Thanks
Ahra_G

Hi @MJO

We have been advised of an incident impacting some users on the HFC network in Cumberland Park, SA.

Field Services have been stood down today for safety reasons. They will return during daylight hours with an elevated work platform and traffic control to continue troubleshooting on-site. Their team has advised the next available Traffic Control crew will be available tomorrow morning at 7AM.

We have raised a trouble ticket so we can be updated with the progress of the fault. 

Moreover, we do appreciate all your feedback regarding your recent experience dealing with our support. These are all taken on board and will be used for future improvements of staff and overall TPG processes.

Regards,

Ahra_G

MJO
Level 2
Level 2
Thank you for the update. Much appreciated.

I just received the tag #

Fingers crossed NBN Co can resolve the problem today. Thanks
Riezl

Hi @MJO, we have checked the status of your connection and it shows up and running now, but we'd like to set your expectation that it may be interrupted while the restoration works are still in progress.

NBN technicians are currently onsite to rectify the issue. Let us know should you have further queries. Thank you.

MJO
Level 2
Level 2
Hi Riezl,

Thank you for the update.

My NBN is now working again and currently at a speed of 41 Mbps. All appears fixed.

Thank you
Ahra_G

You're very welcome, @MJO

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our self-help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

Cheers!