TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Internet won't connect as the NBN box is making a clicking sound.

SOLVED Go to solution
Tommyvu
Level 2

OK, my NBN box has been making a clicking noise for the last 2 days and I have checked with NBN Co for any maintenance in my area and there is none. Been advised to check with my service provider and it appears nobody can contact TPG via a phone call. 

I have done all the troubleshooting TPG has provided and I have only been with TPG since January!!! 

NBN FTTC had been working fine up until a few days ago!

I want to know if I have a fault in the box and if I can get a replacement!

Regards, 

Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarlB

Hi @Tommyvu 

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
KarlB

Hi @Tommyvu 

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

Tommyvu
Level 2

How is there a limit in private messages?

It won't let me send the details you requested.

KarlB

Hi @Tommyvu 

I didn't know there was a limit on sending PM's. How many PM's have you sent for the day?

Are you clicking on my username "KarlB" above and clicking "Send a Message"?

If you can't send a PM maybe just post your CID.

Regards,

Karl

Tommyvu
Level 2

Acc no. ******

KarlB

Hi @Tommyvu 

I'm also not finding any outages in your area.

-Have you made any changes to your setup?(Please confirm you setup looks like the below image)

-What lights are you getting on your NBN NCD?

-Can you try a new phone cable from your socket to your NCD? (Making sure the cable goes direct from the socket and to the NBN NCD)

-How many phone sockets do you have in the house?

-If you have more than 1 socket can you try the NCD at your other sockets?

FTTC Setup.png

Regards,

Karl

Tommyvu
Level 2

The setup is exactly like that. I haven't touched it since it was installed.

I have one socket only and the phone line that is connected to it works and has a dial tone.

The NBN box has the power light on, the Link chain flickers on and off, the DSL LAN llights are both off.

I have turned everything off and done a hard reset on the NBN box. 

No kinks or anything in the cables, they are all brand new and only installed in January.

Thomas

KarlB

Hi @Tommyvu 

You are getting dialtone when you connect a handset direct into your phone socket?

Can you dial your mobile and see if it displays an FNN?

Regards,

Karl

Tommyvu
Level 2

Ok so the dial tone is still there when I pick up the handset, but when I try to call any number it beeps out without connection.

KarlB

Hi @Tommyvu 

Sorry to keep quizzing you on this point.
Just to confirm you are plugging your handset direct into your house phone socket and you’re getting dialtone?
Rather than plugging your handset into the “phone 1” port on the back of your modem/router?

Regards,

Karl