NBN box no power

barney1
Level 2

After the storm last night, our NBN box stopped working - although it is plugged in to a working wall socket, there are no lights on. It looks as though there is no power going to it at all.

5 REPLIES 5
Level 2
Same here! The wired thing is the Ethernet light is still flashing! Anyway, I just assumed the modern has been burned out somewhere, so I bought another modem this morning, exact same model, ARRIS CM8200. But it keeps on flashing and couldn’t connect to the internet! I called TPG hotline but they seem too busy! Have you fixed yours?
fredreyn
Level 2

Same thing happened to me. After a very close lightning strike, both the NBN connection box and the TPG modem/router showed no power lights. The mains circuit was OK (PC worked) and both plug pak power supplies (12V DC) were working. So the innards of both bits of equipment were obviously fried. After a very long wait at the end of the TPG help line I got served. They did apologise for the delay but were very busy due to storm damage. They cheerfully checked the line, agreed that a new NBN connection box was needed, put in a request to NBN, and ordered a replacement modem to be delivered in the next couple of days. Problem was handled very efficiently despite the long wait. So hang in there with tryong to contact customer service!

Ahra_G

Hi @barney1, @6915474 and @fredreyn

Let us all have your TPG account details via private message in order for us to assist each of you accordingly. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

fredreyn
Level 2

Hi Ahra

Thanks for this, but as I said in my reply I called your help desk (there was a pretty long wait due to the high volume of calls after the thunderstorm) and they put in a works order to NBN, and in fact they are coming out on Thursday (well they say they are!) to supply a new connection box. And TPG has already shipped me a replacement modem/router. So all in all pretty good service! Thanks for your help.

Regards

Fred

Ahra_G

Hi @fredreyn, I did manage to find your account using your Community details and have seen that a fault is lodged to our Engineering team. 

I can also confirm the appointment booked on Thursday, 24 February 2022 betweeb 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM. 

Further updates will be provided via phone call or SMS. 

Should you require further assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers! 

Ahra_G