TPG Community

Get online support

NBN connection device goes on clicking

SOLVED Go to solution
Yasushi
Level 2

I’ve just moved house. Using the NBN connection device and the modem from the previous place, it is now connected to the internet and all is good, except for the clicking noise the connection device keeps making. The connection status light keeps on flashing blue (and so is the LAN status). I’ve switched off the whole thing and restarted a couple of times, but it always goes on with clicking. What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Yasushi
Level 2

I've rang the TPG support, and he has sorted it out. Actually I didn't need the NBN network connection device (NBN box) at my new address as it is connected as FTTN instead of FTTC. I was instructed to plug in the modem directly on the wall socket, and voila! After some minutes, it all worked! I'd better bring the NBN box to my old premises.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
david64
Level 15

Hi @Yasushi . Are you using the NBN connection device that was already in your new house, or did you bring the one from your old house? The wifi router is the only thing you should have brought from your old house.

Out of interest, can you login to the router's admin screen and check what public ip address your router has. See if it changes when you hear these clicks.

Yasushi
Level 2

Oh! There is an NBN connection to my new house, but there wasn't an NBN network connection device, so I just brought the device along! When I arranged a transfer of my internet plan, TPG didn't say anything, and it hasn't provided me with a new device at the new premises, either. (There is an iiNet cable connector on the wall next to the telephone cable socket...) IP address? That's interesting. I've just noticed that the number it shows now is different from what it showed yesterday! But it's still clicking... The number stays the same.

Yasushi
Level 2

I've rang the TPG support, and he has sorted it out. Actually I didn't need the NBN network connection device (NBN box) at my new address as it is connected as FTTN instead of FTTC. I was instructed to plug in the modem directly on the wall socket, and voila! After some minutes, it all worked! I'd better bring the NBN box to my old premises.

Ahra_G

We're glad to know that your connection is now working, @Yasushi

And yes, I would recommend to return the NBN box (e.g NCD, NTD) to your old address. 

-Ahra_G