TPG Community

Get online support

New NBN connection - TP-link Archer VR1600v v2 - random dropouts

burner
Level 2

Hi, how many other ppl are experiencing intermittent dropouts with the TPG supplied TP-link Archer VR1600v v2 on NBN??

I have opened 2x tickets so far with engineers, had the NBN installed around 3 weeks ago.. Nothing but trouble, wish i stayed on ADSL2+. I only migrated as the tele-salesperson "Guaranteed" me a faster & more stable connection.. So far neither is true!

I have been with TPG for around 10yrs, probably called Tech support 2 or 3 times in that period..

Thus far, since NBN install 3 weeks ago, i have called 5 times & opened 2 tickets...

Still getting dropouts, rang again 2nite & TPG are sending me a new modem, apparently this will fix the issue, i doubt it, but i'll give it a go... Can u believe they also asked for me to pay the return shipping for the faulty modem! I flat-out refused to pay shipping for a device that i was supplied & is apparently faulty...

Next step will be a call to the TIO as TPG seem to be just giving me the run-around...

8 REPLIES 8
Riezl

We're sorry to know that your connection is unstable and we apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you, @burner.

We have escalated your concern to our Complaints Resolution Team and a case manager will contact you within 24-48 hours via email or a phone call to further discuss the matter.

Riezl

Hi @burner, we can see that the case manager has been in touch via email and discussed the concerns raised.

Should you have further queries, we recommend that you contact the case manager via return mail. Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.

nothappyjan1
Level 2

Having been a TPG customer for many years we expected better service than this. Well after having 5 X appointments and 5 Technicians on 4 separate visits all telling us conflicting information we finally had the NBN connected 22nd July 2019 around 1.30pm.
We wish we hadn't because all we have been experiencing is drop out after drop out after drop out! Wi-Fi, cable, phones, laptops and PC this is not the service we expected and prefer the landline dial up. This is totally unacceptable. Why are we paying for a non service? That is why are we paying for a service we are not getting? What are you going to do? Very unhappy customers.  

Ahra_G

Hi @nothappyjan1,

Welcome to the Community! 

We apologise for any inconvenience caused due to the delay in installing your service. Whilst we successfully install thousands of services each week, it’s been unfortunate that this has not been your experience.

We're still glad to know that despite the setback, your service is now connected. We'd like to take this chance to turn your experience around. We can have our Technical team to assist you with the connection performance issue. 

Any chance you can provide us with your Customer ID or service address via private message so we can run initial tests on your line? 

Regards,

Ahra_G

nothappyjan1
Level 2

Monday 22nd July 2019 NBN install

4-5 Voice messages turned up early saying lots of time to spend on the install then when started it was all hurry up he had to move onto the next one! Persistent to the point of Bullying Aggressive behavior

Railroaded into the worst position in the house because it was the easiest for the technetium!

Having to put up with flashing lights on the small bedside table next to the bed and no longer have a phone as no room or power point to accommodate it! Only one power point that was already overloaded now it’s downright dangerous 

Shane

Hi @nothappyjan1,

We can only imagine how frustrating your experience has been. To better understand the situation, we'd like to get your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

Cheers!

Shaneh20
Level 2
I've been having exactly the same issue with this unbelievably rubbish tplink archer v2 router that tpg supplied me with when I switched over to nbn. TPG have handballed it to NBN each time I have called (twice), who in turn sent out some
"technicians" (pretty sure they were just electricians) who replaced the nbn modem and jiggled some connections. All failed to fix it.

After today's failed attempt by nbn to fix it, I decided to get rid of the crappy tpg supplied tplink router and use my old Asus rt-n56u router. It's been up for about 5 hours now without a single dropout, so fingers crossed.

Tpg, you really need to do more diagnostics/tests/whatever on your supplied routers when your customers call with problems, before simply handballing it to nbn. Very amateur.
BasilDV

Hi @Shaneh20,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and it appears that the modem has been connected for more than 2 hours as of the moment as the connection dropped at 2:36 PM SYD time and reconnected at 2:41 PM SYD time based on its log.

We will advise your assigned Engineer of what you've tried in order to monitor your service further and confirm if it's really the TP-Link device issue.

They'll be in touch with you within 24 to 48 hours for further discussion.

Regards,

BasilDV