TPG Community

Get online support

Outage after Brisbane floods - reset TP-Link VR1 600v modem but no internet light showing

keliesavage27
Level 2

I had a message that internet issue is now fixed and to reset the modem. I've put a pin in the little pinhole and lights go out, but no internet light is showing. I've pressed the black on/off button, unplugged every cord and put them back in the same place. 

I'm hotspotting from my phone to type this and ready to throw the computer out the nearest window.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

6 REPLIES 6
david64
Level 15

Hi @keliesavage27 . Having done the reset, have you put your details back into the router config?

If you have a NBN box, what lights are on?

On the router, is the DSL light or the WAN light on?

keliesavage27
Level 2

Thanks for the reply. I've just two minutes ago learned that our whole street is out (iiNet and TPG customers) even though the next street is back up and running. We had a huge lightening stike very nearby, and I wonder if that has done something to our street? 

We have no lights on the black NBN box and in a chat via FB with TPG this morning, it has been raised as a problem when they checked the line and asked if the lights were on (what lights?), and a tech is coming out in a few days. I had reset both boxes, not realising the black box even had lights (in the dark under my desk I didn't realise there should have been lights). 

So, it is all sorted (well... hopefully in a day or two), but thank you so much for responding.

Shane

Hey, keliesavage27

Let us help and get to the bottom of this. To better understand the situation, send us a Private Message with your details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

I had a message that internet issue is now fixed and to reset the modem. I've put a pin in the little pinhole and lights go out, but no internet light is showing. I've pressed the black on/off button, unplugged every cord and put them back in the same place. 

I'm hotspotting from my phone to type this and ready to throw the computer out the nearest window.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

keliesavage27
Level 2

I thought I'd wait til the tech came out. He has just left. It was an NBN guy and not a TPG guy. Our whole street seems to be out, and another neighbour said their tech called yesterday and said it is a fault with the NBN (pit? box? no idea really). 

The tech installed a new black box but said the TPG modem is cactus and I need to ask for a new one to be sent. It has lights, but no "internet" light is showing. I've reached out via FB message to TPG and hopefully they will get back to me soon.

Is that the best way of organising a new modem? I'd like to avoid having to make a call if I can do it via message or email.

keliesavage27
Level 2

Just had a response via FB so it is all sorted out and I've got a new modem coming.

Thanks to everyone who replied. It seems to be sorted out now.

Ahra_G

We're glad to know that the issue is taken care of, @keliesavage27.

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our self-help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

Cheers! 

Ahra_G