TPG Community

Get online support

Replacement modem (the latest modem for FTTB)

Alexy888
Level 2

Hi

I have been with TPG on FTTB for 5 years and the modem I have is HG659.

Recently I noticed that Wi-Fi got constantly slower. Sometimes speedtest showed less than 10Mbps for download or even the speedtest page was not even ready to test (the page did not even show "Go").

Also when I watch YouTube with Apple TV, sometimes it stops and just buffering or the resolution gets lower.

I have checked this community and some could get a new TP link VR1600V (I believe this is the latest modem for FTTB).

Can you organaise a new modem please?

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @Alexy888 

There are many factors that can affect the performance of your connection. It can be due to the physical line, Wi-Fi connectivity or sometimes the equipment. 

In order for us to conclude which is the cause, we still require to perform troubleshooting to check the underlying cause. 

Let us have your Customer ID or username via private message so we can have our Technical team perform troubleshooting along with you. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Alexy888
Level 2

Hi@Ahra_G 

Just sent you my details via private message.

Thank you.

Alexy888
Level 2

Hi@Ahra_G 

I found the post that TPG organised a new TP link VR1600V to this customer in 2018 without talking with the technican team (the post is here.)

I hope you can organise it for me as well.

Thank you.

Ahra_G

Hi @Alexy888,

I realised that there was a post related to the replacement of the equipemnt however, there are still processes that were followed prior and after sending the equipment. The user also has multiple posts relating to connection issue thus the need to stil check the status of every service. 

We'd be more than glad to assist in equipment replacement if deemed necessary. Please let our Tech team to perform at least basic checks on your service.

I'll be waiting for your best call back time & number via PM. 

Thanks!