TPG Community

Get online support

Replacement modem?

SOLVED Go to solution
JF1961
Level 2
Hello. I currently I have a TP Link Archer VR1600v modem router, supplied by TPG some years ago, connected to my NBN FTTN service. The modem is getting pretty old now, suffers heat issues and I continually suffer NBN service dropouts. To rectify, I typically have to reboot the modem which fixes the issue for a period of time. Am I able to get a replacement modem, that is more up to date?
Thanks in advance.
Joe
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JovemarL

Hi @JF1961 

I've sent you a private message about your issue

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
JovemarL

Hi @JF1961 

I've sent you a private message about your issue

baybyboyj12
Level 2

I have a similar issue. Is there a newer modem available?

BasilDV

Hi @baybyboyj12,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and it shows that the modem connection is stable.

It's been authenticated with the NBN server for more than a month straight. You might need to give it a quick rest to lessen the heat on the device.

If you are experiencing dropouts via a WiFi connection, then we've created an article that will guide you on how to improve your home network. You may refer to this article: Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home.

Regards,

BasilDV

xavjohn1721
Level 2

Hi I would like to report a similar problem with my modem Archer VR 1600.For the last few days the modem only shows green lights on the power, 2.4G and 5G. I have tried turning it off and on as well as pressing the reset with no effect or the re established of wi fi internet. Also the modem is hot as well when handling.Am I eligible for a replacement ?

Could you please look into my inquiry. Thanks

Rica_R

Hi @xavjohn1721

Welcome to TPG Community!

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your modem and internet service.

We have located your account using your Community details and currently not detecting any connection running on it. 

We have escalated this matter to our Engineering Team and a case Engineer will be contact  via phone call or SMS  to further discuss the update.

Tia3776
Level 2
My modem has not been working since 29th of February and I don’t know how to order a new one
fasho
Level 2
Hi i have the same query as my modems wifi and connection has been playing up.
BasilDV

Hi @fasho

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account and it shows that the connection is stable for more than 5 weeks now.

If you are experiencing issues with your WiFi connection, then signal interference may be causing the issue.

We've created some articles that will help you improve your home WiFi network.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

fasho
Level 2
thats precisely the issue, internet is not dropping out but the modem is playing up,
i live in a small apartment and not even 3 metres away when using wifi bjt the wifi still drops and is really unreliable.