Router feature

Kylieeastwood
Level 2

Does the nf12 support VPN passthrough?
 I am trying to set up a VPN on a second router and not sure if the tpg supplied nf12 is blocking the VPN traffic

i cannot find any documentation about this feature for this router

second router is a netgear nighthawk running advanced tomato

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @Kylieeastwood,

Welcome to the community!

We're able to confirm that we do not support for configuring VPN services.We recommend that to use the softclient provided by the VPN provider to access the VPN.

For further information related to VPN we recommend to contact your VPN support.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards, 

Kylieeastwood
Level 2

Thanks for the reply

I have devices that cannot run the soft client from VPN providers. In this case it is usual to run a VPN client on a router

I have such a router but cannot use as primary device as TPG require their router be used for VOIP services

I can use VPN router as secondary router. But primary router needs to support VPN passthrough. Most mid level routers do. But does the Nf12?
 I gather the Nf12 is being phased out or no longer supported. If so do any of the other available TPG routers support VPN passthrough?

If they do. How do I get one ?

Thanking you in advance

Iain

Shane

We will confirm to our Engineering Team if our supplied modem/router's support VPN Pass through, we'll provide you an update when it becomes available.

Regards, 

Kylieeastwood
Level 2

Thank you 😁👍

Shane

Hi @Kylieeastwood,

I was able to confirm that none of our modem/routers support VPN passthrough. You try may plug in your VPN router directly into the NBN NTD, and bypass the NF12.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards, 

david64
Level 15

I don't understand what you're trying to do.

However, might port forwarding help? Set up a rule on NF12 to forward inbound traffic on port number X to the ip address of the "other" router. The VPN client on this router is set up to open on port number X. 

I presume you want to use the VOIP phone service which needs the NF12 connected to the NBN box. If not, you can use just the other router as moderator suggested.