TPG Community

Get online support

Sagemcom 5866T firmware not fit for purpose

Raaj
Level 2
I had exactly the same experience as well. They have sent me three different modems and none of them are working properly. I don't seem to have any issues with Windows laptops and IOS devices, however none of the android devices are working consistently. For example netflix and Kayo keep spinning, some websites work while othere don't. The admin console of the router does not show the wifi connections, the list goes on. I have excellent signal and speed, but if it is not actually working speed is immaterial.
BasilDV

Hi @Raaj

Are you still experiencing issues with your service?

We'd like to check on this further on our end.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

budget66
Level 2

Had mine 15 days nothing but trouble prob going send back was better with hotspot on phone 

hoopskillet
Level 2

@BasilDV : Is there a new firmware release planned from TPG for Sagemcom 5866T? And when can we expect this?

Yothemanhan
Level 2

I have the same problem. works fine after a reset for a while then just gets progressivly worse then have to reset it.

Ahra_G

Hi @Yothemanhan

Let's have a look at your equipment and check your connection as well. Any chance you can PM us with your TPG account details. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

JackKnife167
Level 2

I had same issues. UI isn't accurate, logs don't log anything post initial startup. Performance degrades progressively requiring reboot every 24-48 hours. Status LEDs always show 3-4 green lights indicating good connection yet RSRQ values for both 4G & 5G indicate poor connection. Then it just started rebooting itself every 3-5mins and for those mins it was up it said it was connected yet all my devices reported no internet connection. Whilsst troubleshooting with TPG the firmware/UI changed completely yet the support agent claims not to have done it. This didn't change the status however, TPG sent me a replacement modem & despite requesting the Nokia model I received another Sagemcom as they stated they cannot select modem models. The replacement however seems to be performing better. It's been up 4 days and is still getting good connection speeds most of the time. I haven't had to reboot it yet. Maybe your's is faulty as well and a replacement may solve your issues. Personally I expect my replacement to rapidly degrade like the previous one cos they're just really crap modem/routers. They seem to be in development mode and shouldn't be used in production if your still writing new firmware versions not just to fix bugs but to enable features like USB device connectivity. I found it's not very configurable, especially DHCP. 

Philimo
Level 2
Hey all

I have the same modem but for Vodafone and I experience many of the same crappy issues, drops outs, Apple airplay , not connect to Tesla. I’m guessing it’s a shoddy, cheap product chosen by the telecos?