TPG Community

Get online support

TP Link Archer vr1600v overheating and plastic turning brown

Kem67
Level 2
Hi Shane, found it and sent you a PM 👍
fwkh1818
Level 2

Hi, my modem is having the exact same problem. It gets very hot and is turning a yellow colour up the top. 
We are also experiencing very slow speeds. What options do I have to replace my modem? Please solve it quickly. 

Batwam
Level 3
Same here, very yellow modem, hot to the touch and turning itself off multiple times a day. Is TPG issuing replacement modems for these faulty units?
Angeli

Hi @Batwam

We'll have our tech team to check on your modem and a replacement will definitely be organised whenever necessary. Send us a PM with your TPG customer ID or username and we'll take it from there.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Angeli

pameladewling
Level 3

We are having the exact same problem. Overheating yet in cool spot. Browning of the front side of modem. And we don't use the internet that much.

Batwam
Level 3
I called TPG about it and they told me they weren’t going to help as the modem was too old. I told them that it was odd as I got the free modem with the connection and could easily cancel my connection and get a new free modem. Luckily I got my hands on another TPG modem (TP-Link AX5400) so I am using that one instead and no longer suffer connection drops.

Try to call them if your modem is recent enough, otherwise cancel your connection and get a new one.
JessicaMaree
Level 2
I don’t seem to be able to send you a dm following those steps. I am having the same issue - yellow/overheatjng/slow speeds/dropping out.
Ahra_G

Hi @pameladewling

Please send us a private message along with an image of the said modem.  We'll see what we can arrange for you. 

-Ahra_G

mangel83
Level 2

Hi @Ahra_G 

I have the same issue with my modem overheating/turning yellow,  I want to send you a PM but the option doesn't come up on your profile.

Edit: Just realised had to go up to Level 2.

Chanstation
Level 2
Hi ,

I'm having a similar issue with my modem as well, but can't send a PM to you due to being level 1.