TPG Community

Get online support

TP-Link VR1600v wont resolve my website

Smartty
Level 2

The modum is working fine and my website is up and running on the internet but i cant access the site.
The server is on the same network behind the vr1600v modum, its accesable from the outside but not from the inside. So i cant check changes to pages etc.

This seems to be a problem with tpLink routing tables, as a netgear modum has no problems with look back requests. 

Any one know of a way to make the tplink modum work ?

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @Smartty ,

Welcome to the community!

I would love to help and see what happened with your connection. I would like to clarify the issue, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Did you mean you cannot access a certain website when using our supplied TP-Link modem? If so, can you post a screen shot of the error message of the particular website together with it's URL.

I tried to use your community details to pull up the account unfortunately it does not show any matching records. I'd like to get your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

In case you need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Cheers!

Smartty
Level 2

On further investergation it seems to be a NAT loopback issue 

The machine on my local network cannot connect to the external IP address of a machine that is also on my local network using its web address. Any machine outside in the world can however connect.

is there anywhere i can enable NAT loopback on the modum ?

BasilDV

Hi @Smartty,

Our supplied modem does not support NAT loopback.

You may try to access your website using the local LAN IP.

Kind regards,

BasilDV