Updating my modem

howie13
Level 2

Hi I have an Archer 1600v modem and it was working fine as was my FTTB connection for a long while but lately i have had lots of difficulties with my internet both on my normal devices and on my smart TV.

Is there a recommended upgradce for the Archer 1600v modem, I am a FTTB user with several devices attached.

Howard

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @howie13

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and can confirm that there's no issues within the FTTB line as the modem is getting a good connection speed.

What exactly the problem that you are experiencing? Are you using a WiFi or a Wired connection?

If WiFi, then signal interference may be causing the issue. We've created some articles that will guide you on how to improve your home WiFi network.

Refer to these links:

If you plan to use a third party modem, please be advised that the bundled phone service will not work as the configuration is embedded in the firmware of the provided modem/router.

If that's okay, then you may use any VDSL modem/router for your TPG FTTB service.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

howie13
Level 2

hiya

its wireless and the 5g link seems to be dropping out quite regularly and whilst it was fine up to recently i notice my wifi links are showing as por connections now, even though i have moved the modem much closer to my main usage areas suxh as my smart tv.

howard

Ahra_G

Thanks for confirming, @howie13

We have since organised a call back to be made tomorrow, 13 January 2021 from our Technical team for further assistance and to check for any underlying cause of the issue. 

Feel free to reach out to us again should you require assistance. 

-Ahra_G