TPG Community

Get online support

VR1600v firmware download

SOLVED Go to solution
peterk
Level 3

Hello

I have just received my TP-link modem for my new NBN connection and have noticed that the firmware is an older version compared to a version number I have seen on this community .

Can I please get a download link, so that I can download the firmware to upgrade my NBN modem.

Thnaks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Riezl

Hi @peterk, thanks for sending us the details via PM.

Your modem has the latest firmware now. Feel free to message us should you need further assistance. Thank you.

View solution in original post

55 REPLIES 55
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @peterk Welcome to the community, your new supplied TP-Link modem has a special customised firmware to enable it to work on the TPG network.

There isn't a .bin file available for download anywhere for you to flash it yourself. The modem requires the encrypted VOIP settings embedded in the firmware to work.

Once you're connected to the network you can request a firmware udpate on this community and one of the moderators can arrange for it to be pushed to your device over the network.

peterk
Level 3

OK ...Thank you for that information.  Not sure I like the fact that the modem can be accessed remotely like that.  I am used to manageing my own devices and updating them, if and when I see fit to do so.

Can I please get you to update the firmware for me.

thanks in davnce.

P

BasilDV

Hi @peterk,

You may shoot me a private message with your TPG username or customer ID number and we will check if the firmware of your modem/router needs to be upgraded.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Rica_R

Hi @peterk

Thanks for sending out the details, we'll be needing additional details for us to upgrade the firmware of your modem. PM us the following details: 

MAC ADDRESS:
Firmware Version:
Hardware Version: 

Looking forward for your response.

Riezl

Hi @peterk, thanks for sending us the details via PM.

Your modem has the latest firmware now. Feel free to message us should you need further assistance. Thank you.

peterk
Level 3

Smiley Very Happy

Thank you 

Riezl

You're welcome, @peterk. Cheers!Smiley Happy

Soniqbuoy
Level 2

May I get the latest firmware also?

I have my TPLINK modem is currently on:

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.56416n

Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

Thanks!

BasilDV

Hi @Soniqbuoy,

Welcome to TPG Community!

The current firmware that your modem has is the latest one.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV