TPG Community

Get online support

WPS on Sagemcom 5866T not connecting to Range Extender

vpp
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I've received the Sagemcom Fast 5866T Modem.

When I try to connect my TL-WA850RE Range Extender I have no luck.

I press the WPS button on the Modem then on the Extender (after resetting the Extender first). The Modem's Wi-Fi signal flashes orange. It does this sometimes for a few seconds and sometimes for up to 2 minutes. When it has finishd flashing the Extender is still flashing the RE light and no Wi-Fi connection has been made.

Alternately when I try to manually set up the Extender via the web GUI using the Modem's password etc. it still does not show any Wi-Fi signal.

I have enabled both Wi-Fi and WPS in the Modem's settings.

The log below shows that the WPS only stays on for a few seconds. Is this normal or should the times shown be the same as the amount of time the orange light is flashing?

I have tested the Extender with an NBN router and it connects using WPS just fine.

I have reset the Modem as well.

What else can I try?

Screenshot Modem WPS log.png

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @vpp

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried to disable the band steering on the Sagemcom modem/router? If not, are you able to disable it first, then try to set the extender manually again?

BasilDV

vpp
Level 2
Level 2

Hi BasilDV, The Sagemcom 5866TT does not seem to have an option for disabling band steering, or I can't find it. 

I tried turning off the 5GHz WiFi but I still could not get a wireless connection to the Extender.

BasilDV

Hi @vpp

We'd like to check on this further.

Please shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

AllanC
Level 2

Similar problems here as I try to connect the Sagemcom 5866T and my Netgear Wifi Range Extender EX 6150v2. Any feedback from vpp's case appreciated.

Shane

Hi AllanC,

We suggest to check the compatible or supported Wi-Fi mode of the Netgear Wifi Range Extender EX 6150v2 to connect using our supplied Sagemcom 5866T.

Regards,

robxastro
Level 2

Same problem here with the Netgear ac1200 ex6200v2...  wish i stuck with the nbn modem, I've got 5 devices down the other end of the house that cant connect now. did you work it out?

BasilDV

Hi @robxastro

How did you try to connect your WiFi extender? What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

Have you contacted Netgear support for assistance?

BasilDV