TPG Community

Get online support

eero losing internet connection

AE
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, I have set up an eero mesh wifi network connected to my TPG provided ArcherVR1600v modem and the internet connection via the eero works for a while and then drops out. Wired connections and the Archer wifi work fine so it is not the DSL link. any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @AE,

Welcome to the community!

We do not have infomation about basic troubleshooting for Eeo Mesh, there are some threads that you may find helpful about settings up MESH WIFI Extension, please see links below.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

@AE wrote:

Hi, I have set up an eero mesh wifi network connected to my TPG provided ArcherVR1600v modem and the internet connection via the eero works for a while and then drops out. Wired connections and the Archer wifi work fine so it is not the DSL link. any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

ChristophS
Level 2

Hey, did you solve this problem? I have the same issue. I have 3 eero devices and they worked fine for 9 months and all three suddenly complain about no Internet access. Highly unlikely that all 3 eero devices broke at the same time.  How did you resolve the issue?

Shane

Hi @ChristophS,

Welcome to the community!

Have you tried the troubleshooting given on the posted existing article above? If not yet, let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

Hey, did you solve this problem? I have the same issue. I have 3 eero devices and they worked fine for 9 months and all three suddenly complain about no Internet access. Highly unlikely that all 3 eero devices broke at the same time.  How did you resolve the issue?

ChristophS
Level 2

Hi Shane

Thank you for reaching out. What solution are you referring to? I saw one thread about adding the mesh to the DMZ and fully expose it to the Internet. That sounds like a very bad idea and don't think is required. As I mentioned before, it was all working well but something must have changed. Can you check from the TPG side on my account? I have done all the troubleshooting with eero support and they point to the ISP as the potential problem source. Have you got any other suggestions?

BasilDV

Hi @ChristophS

Have you checked if you are losing connection directly from the TPG provided modem/router?

If not, then did you check if the link from the eero to the modem/router was disconnected when the internet goes off from the eero?

Note: If the internet connection from the main modem/router is working fine, then it's not the issue with your internet service provider.

You may send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

avt85
Level 4

when the internet drops on your eero.
have you tried connecting a hard line to your nbn modem and see if you got itnernet access ok still?

just to rule out the modem being faulty?
and you got the eero gateway port connected to the Lan 1 port of your nbn modem right? ( i find in some setups, that having it connected to other lan ports sometimes causes these issues).