TPG Community

Get online support

*urgent* deal breaker. How to setup DynDNS on Sagecom 5G F@st 5866T modem??

gordmc73
Level 3

Hi all,

I've just had my NBN disconnected and realised i cant access my Media Server from the web anymore. 

I went to enter my No-ip settings into the modem only to find there isn't any available.

It is imperative I have DynamicDNS enables for my server.

Can you please advise if there is a superuser setting I can enter to access these settings. Can you advise how i can bridge the F@st with my existing Tp-link Archer 1600v NBN router via WAN connection.

Please help.

10 REPLIES 10
david64
Level 15

Hi @gordmc73 .

Dynamic DNS doesn't work on 4G or 5G wireless broadband. The F@st router is assigned a private ip address on the wireless network, not a public address known on the internet via NBN. 

https://www.tpg.com.au/5g-home-broadband

What is CG-NAT and how does it affect 5G Home Broadband services?

Techy types should be aware that 5G Home Broadband uses CG-NAT. Carrier-grade NAT (Network Address Translation) is a type of network that assigns services with a private IP address, instead of a dynamic public IP address. Our network will then translate that private address into a public address. This means that the following items (which depend on internal NAT) will not work on 5G Home Broadband:

• Port forwarding
  • Hosting web, email or file servers internally
  • Smart Home systems (e.g. accessing security camera footage remotely, home automation and printers)
  • Remote Access (i.e. accessing your home computer or devices from another location)

If you need any of these items in your home setup, 5G Home Broadband won’t be the right fit for you. Please check your address on our website for one of our other great broadband plans.

Latency and gaming

5G is great for most online applications (including casual gaming), but if you require ultra-low latency where every millisecond matters (for example, professional gaming), 5G Home Broadband may not be the right fit for you.

gordmc73
Level 3
Omg.
Thanks for the reply David.
My Nbn50 was disconnected this morning, now I'm left with no access to my servers, cameras or remote computers. I had no idea it was going to be this much of a drama just trying to increase my download speed.
What do I do know?
david64
Level 15

@gordmc73 . I thought there was a cooling off period where you could just go back to NBN. Has that passed?

What type of NBN connection did you have? 

It might still be easy to switch back. The NBN infrastructure is still there. Have to see what a moderator says.

gordmc73
Level 3
Yup. The 7 day cooling off period ended this morning. I had some family dramad over the last week, so wasn't able to properly test the 5g modem till today.
How do I get in contact with the moderators?

Ftt-node Nbn50 plan
david64
Level 15

@gordmc73 . A moderator might look at this tomorrow. Best to make a new post saying you want to change back to NBN because with CGNAT, you can't access your equipment.

Regarding your speed, when you get back to FTTN, check the DSL stats in the router. Distance from node and line errors might be slowing your speed. Run the speed test on TPG's support page. 

In VR1600 Bandwidth Control, any value for Total Upstream Bandwidth?

NBNCo is upgrading certain FTTN suburbs to FTTP, but TPG might not be part of it.

https://www.nbnco.com.au/corporate-information/media-centre/media-statements/nbn-co-offers-further-f....

BasilDV

Hi @gordymc73

If you want to go back to the NBN service, we can arrange for our plan change team to contact you to process it.

Shoot me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted today.

BasilDV

gordmc73
Level 3

Hi.

I have finally reinstated my old NBN50 FttN plan.

At aditional cost, of course! Smiley Sad

And i lost my phone line, because i couldn't just re-instate the account that had been closed down 12hours earlier, supposedly. Even if my reinstating of the nbn port was almost instantaneous.

Anyways. I'm still waiting for the advice on what to do with the 5G modem. I was told i would receive instructions on how to return it free-of-charge, but haven't seen any emails. I don't need any additional charges now.

Can someone please advise.

Thanks.

Shane

Hi gordmc73. Once the cancellation of 5G home broadband is completed an automated email will be sent with the instruction and e-connote to return the 5G modem/router. We suggest to monitor the Inbox or SPAM and spam folder.

Hi.

I have finally reinstated my old NBN50 FttN plan.

At aditional cost, of course! Smiley Sad

And i lost my phone line, because i couldn't just re-instate the account that had been closed down 12hours earlier, supposedly. Even if my reinstating of the nbn port was almost instantaneous.

Anyways. I'm still waiting for the advice on what to do with the 5G modem. I was told i would receive instructions on how to return it free-of-charge, but haven't seen any emails. I don't need any additional charges now.

Can someone please advise.

Thanks.

gordmc73
Level 3

Thanks for the reply Shane,

Is the disconnection an automated process, or do i have to manually initialise this now?

I've disconnected and re-packed the Modem, awaiting return.