TPG Community

Get online support

Activating Ethernet Ports in Apartment

SOLVED Go to solution
copetaia
Level 2

Hello,

I have recently moved into a new apartment and am attempting to activate an ethernet wall port in one of the bedrooms. My new modem is connected via DSL and is FTTB. There is also an NBN Connection Box located next to the modem.

From previous experience, I have been able to "activate" ethernet ports in other rooms by locating the wall panel with multiple ports and connecting the modem to each individual port.

I cannot locate the same ethernet panel within the apartment, however I noticed the NBN Box has multiple UNI-D data ports. I am unsure if this box can be used to "activate" the bedroom ethernet port in the same way the previous wall panel was able to.

See attached (ignore the yellow ethernet as it was used for testing).

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Thank you for sending your account details via PM @copetaia.

We can confirm that you are under the TPG FTTB service.

The NBN NTD box will not provide you any connection as it is for the NBN service.

If you are looking to get an internet connection out of the Ethernet port, then you need to connect an Ethernet cable from the modem/router to the main Ethernet patch panel for your premises.

If you are not able to locate it, then you need to contact your building manager or contact a private technician that will help you identify the main port for you to use.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BasilDV

Hi @copetaia

We'd like to check your account to confirm that you are under the FTTB service as the NBN NTD box is available as well.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Thank you for sending your account details via PM @copetaia.

We can confirm that you are under the TPG FTTB service.

The NBN NTD box will not provide you any connection as it is for the NBN service.

If you are looking to get an internet connection out of the Ethernet port, then you need to connect an Ethernet cable from the modem/router to the main Ethernet patch panel for your premises.

If you are not able to locate it, then you need to contact your building manager or contact a private technician that will help you identify the main port for you to use.

BasilDV