TPG Community

Get online support

Add Backup Battery Unit post-install

MeisterG
Level 2
Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to get a backup battery unit installed post installation. I'm at a new townhouse with NBN FTTP and the NBN install was completed without a BBU. I'd like to see if I can get one added and what the cost would be?
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Riezl

Hi @MeisterG, we recommend having a read of this community article as well as the discussion as it may help address your

concern.

NBN backup battery (Fibre to the Premises Only)

Should you need further assistance, feel free to PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

MeisterG
Level 2
Hi @Riezl,

I have seen that article, however I am looking to get the entire BBU itself installed first as I never had one installed by NBNco rather than just replacing the battery itself inside the unit. Any articles referring to that?
Riezl

You may need to directly contact NBN Co. to check if it's possible to have a BBU installed at your property as it appears that the type of NTD installation done in your end no longer includes the BBU.

You may also PM us your TPG account details so we can pull up the account and look into this further.

MeisterG
Level 2

I have contacted NBNco and they have advised that the BBU installation must be arranged through the provider. I have PM's you my account details so you can look this up further for me. Thanks.

BasilDV

Hi @MeisterG

We don't offer BBU anymore, in which we don't process the order for it.

You may contact NBN Co directly if they can still provide you a BBU.

BasilDV

MeisterG
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

I have already contacted NBNco directly and they advised that the BBU request must come through the provider. I feel like this is a pure waste of time, very poor customer service on both ends where the customer is left in the midst of a ping-pong game between TPG and NBNco handing this back and forth.

BasilDV

Hi @MeisterG

We do not offer BBU anymore, so we don't process any request for BBU installation.

BasilDV