TPG Community

Get online support

Connected to the wrong Node box

SOLVED Go to solution
incas
Level 2

Why have we been connected to a Node box 1.4km away instead of the Node box in the street behind us only 400 metres away?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @incas,

Thanks for sending me your details. I ran initial tests on your connection and the result shows that you're getting a passing speed based on your distance from the node.

I understand that you have been in touched with NBN co. and was told that you have to contact us as your Service Provider. However, as we much as we would love to help you getting your service connected to a closer node, TPG do not have control to any Telstra and NBN infrastructure and we only rely on our wholesaler provider.

Regards,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
incas
Level 2

Why have we been connected to a Node box 1.4km away instead of the Node box in the street behind us only 400 metres away? (In WA).

We know the engineer who actually, physically installed the NBN box & connections plus our neighbour is friends with the NBN enginner AND he is a Telstra engineer who also does home installations plus he is already connected to the closer Node box. Both engineers have informed us that we and our whole street (minus the Telstra engineer neighbour) are connected to the wrong Node box.

No wonder we have slow speeds.

Upload only 5.06mbps & Download only 11.49. We're paying for 20mpbs.

So far TPG tech support have told us;

* TPG told us to call NBN to complain. NBN SAID THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHY TPG TOLD US TO CALL THEM BECAUSE THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT CANNOT DEAL WITH TECH ISSUES, ONLY TPG CAN. THE NBN PERSON ALSO TOLD US THEY ARE "ALWAYS" TELLING TPG THEY CANNOT HELP ON TECH ISSUES AND TO NOT ADVISE CUSTOMERS TO CALL THEM. (this is exhausting)

* WE CALLED TPG BACK, AGAIN, AND THIS TIME THEY DID SPEAK WITH NBN TECH TEAM.

(why couldn't they do that before?)

* TPG said that NBN's reply was, "due to roll out many boxes have been installed but not connected and we are already on the closest box".

THIS IS NOT TRUE. OUR TELSTRA ENGINEERS NEIGHBOUR IS ALREADY CONNECTED TO THE CLOSEST BOX AND IT WORKS FINE.

NBN & TPG WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO CONNECT US TO THE CLOSER NODE BOX?

Shane

Hi @incas,

Welcome to the community!

We understand that you would like to get faster internet speed, however, connecting your service to a nearest node is beyond our control as we do not own Telstra and NBN infrastructure.

Nonetheless, we can try to check what can be done to improve the speed you are getting at the moment. Please send us a private message with your customer ID or username so we can take a look at your account.

We'll wait for your response.

Shane

Hi @incas,

Thanks for sending me your details. I ran initial tests on your connection and the result shows that you're getting a passing speed based on your distance from the node.

I understand that you have been in touched with NBN co. and was told that you have to contact us as your Service Provider. However, as we much as we would love to help you getting your service connected to a closer node, TPG do not have control to any Telstra and NBN infrastructure and we only rely on our wholesaler provider.

Regards,

incas
Level 2

Hello Shane,

you mentioned you can only rely on your wholesale provider...

Can you let me know who they are and who there I can contact directly please?

Thank you.

DerrynH
Level 3
Tpg or one of their subsidiaries are the wholesale provider, they just do not like to admit it.
Joseph_D

@incas & @DerrynH the wholesale provider for all NBN products for all internet providers is NBNCo. You have a NBN Fibre to the Node service, they use Fibre Optic line up to the Node and copper line from the Node to your house.

On most circumstances the configuration of the copper line from the house to your node was already designed and connected by Telstra, NBNCo just took over the infrastructure.