TPG Community

Get online support

FTTC NBN NCD WILL NOT CONNECT

SOLVED Go to solution
Erika

Hi @Leigh63

Thanks for sending the screenshot. This informs us that the NBN infrastructure is already in place in your area. However, our NBN activation would still take within 2-30 working days. 

I understand the importance of having the service, however, I would highly recommend to leave the Network Connection Device (NCD) and the modem switched on and plugged in order for the installation to complete.

Leigh63
Level 3

Hi Erica,

The NCD has been connected and turned on for 24Hrs as requested.

Nothing has changed. The lights are still blinking and the NCD is still clicking away (very annoying in the bedroom at night)

I have not received any phone calls from case manager today.

Did you know that, with FTTC, when the NCD is connected and turned on that the Landline is automatically turned off?

I must disconnect the NCD so that I can use my ADSL. I need to get some work done.

I can only leave the NCD connected and turned on between 9AM and 3PM

There is a crew that have been digging around the corner from me but I do not know if it is related to my problem

Regards, Leigh.

Erika

Hi @Leigh63

I've made a follow up with our Service Delivery team. 

They'll be in contact as soon as possible. 

Cheers, 

Leigh63
Level 3

Hi Erica,

Thank you for following up (I wonder if I would get this far without your help).

A TPG Rep rang me just before 18:00 tonight. My NCD was connected for 27hrs. She advised me that my service could not be activated remotely and a Technician will need to visit.

A Tech has been booked to come out and (hopefully) activate my service next Tuesday 19th June.

Is it still worth trying to connect every couple of days or will I be just waisting my time?

Regards, Leigh

Erika

Hi @Leigh63

Thanks for looping us in. 

You may temporarily connect your modem to your adsl connection while we're waiting for the installation of your NBN services.

However, please reconnect the modem to the NCD before the installation date. 

Cheers,

tryanchristos
Level 2

Hi @Erika and @Leigh63,

I am having the exact same issue in Perth. Power On, Connection Flashing, DSL Flashing, LAN Off and a ton of clicking and I'm just told to leave this on. Really need the internet for work and I am hamstrung at the moment and getting desperate.

I was told that the NBN would work as a plug and play and I come from a networking background, that and the installation instruction from TPG were very simple to follow.

I tried troubleshooting with a guy yesterday who was unable to help me, he teed up a call with a tech 45 minutes later who never called me back and then when I called through at around 6pm my time I was greeted by a really rude women by the name of May(or Mei) who basically kept telling me goodbye whilst I was trying to ask questions.

Can someone please help - it doesn't seem like the TPG team that I am calling are interested in helping me. They are saying the same thing as what Leigh is describing.

Riezl

Hi @tryanchristos,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located an account using your community details and we can see that the issue has been escalated to our Provisioning Team.

We will make a follow up and will have the case manager contact you as soon as possible to discuss the progression of the case.

Should you have a preferred contact number and time, please send it via private message. Thank you.

Riezl

Hi @tryanchristos, we can see that our Provisioning Team has been in touch and discussed the concerns raised.

As advised, an NBN network issue has been identified, thus a technician is required to investigate further.

As per checking, NBN Co. has confirmed the appointment for a technician visit on Thursday, 21 June 2018, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM.

Please be assured that the case manager is closely monitoring the account and will be in touch for additional updates.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.

tryanchristos
Level 2
Correct they've been in touch. And now per promises that I've been given I'm left without home internet. I specifically brought this up with the sales rep as down time is not acceptable in my line of work.

TPG are still calling my family who all live next door and saying that the service is 'active' and 'ready to use!' when it's definitely not the case.

Naive and unusual of me to jump on something someone says.
Riezl

We apologise for the inconvenience this issue is causing you, @tryanchristos.

Though we'd like to make the service work as soon as possible, we don't have control how NBN Co. works on their infrastructure and the complexity of the issue is beyond our control.

Nevertheless, we'll continue in chasing this matter with NBN Co. and keep you posted for updates where possible.