TPG Community

Get online support

FTTC NCD only power and link lights lit

Gaz
Level 2
Level 2

I recieved NCD and a text from TPG saying I needed to connect the NCD to activate my NBN service.

I have done that but unfortunately only power and link light are lit. I have reverted back to my excellent TPG ADSL2+ connection (which has been very reliable) Can you please investigate what is happening with the NBN connection?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Riezl

Hi @Gaz,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Can you please double check if the equipment is properly set up? Please refer to this guide: NBN Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) Setup Guide

If the connection is still not working after double checking, please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address together with your contact details and we'll raise the issue to our Provisioning Team for further investigation.

Gaz
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks @Riezl ,

Pm'd the details.

I did all the steps in the link you gave but still just power light and link (connection) light are blue, DSL and LAN light remain grey/unlit.

Just as an aside, before trying to setup my NBN I was getting ~14Mbps download,~0.8Mbps upload speed on my ADSL2+ setup, according to ookla - www.speedtest.net, now it is consistently ~3Mbps down/~0.2Mbps up.

I am guessing this is not a TPG issue, painful drop though...

Riezl

Thanks for the details, @Gaz. We have escalated this to our Provisioning Team for further investigation and a case manager will contact you within the day to discuss the progression of the case.

Should you have a preferred contact number and time, please send it via PM. Thank you.

Gaz
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you @Riezl,

Support have arranged for a tecnician to come over on 2020-01-13

Riezl

Glad to be of help, @Gaz. Feel free to message us should you have further queries. Cheers!

Gaz
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Yesterday I faced an issue with DNS and fixed that by setting up a non-tpg DNS and that worked, how ever, at around 11:30am this morning there is an issue with NBN, the power light on my NCB is blue, but the link light just flashes and the other two lights remain, once again, off. This means no internet connection for me via NBN. Is there a known NBN issue in my area?

Thanks,

Gaz.

BasilDV

Hi @Gaz

Thanks for the update.

We've escalated the case to our Engineering team for further investigation, since we've detected a possible fault within the NBN network.

An assigned Engineer will be in touch with you within 24 to 48 hours once an update becomes available.

BasilDV

Gaz
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you @BasilDV ...

As a note of interest a neigbour in the same building as me got their NBN enabled by an engineer at exactly the same time my NBN connection stopped working, so it is likely that that engineer enabled my neighbours NBN, while simultaniously breaking mine. A comment that got relayed to me by my neighbour originating from said engineer was, paraphasing, "the junction box is a nightmare with colour coding mislabeling and the wiring is a mess"...

Gaz.

BasilDV

Hi @Gaz,

Thank you for the information.

We'll forward it to our Engineering team for reference.

An NBN technician was requested and an appointment has been booked on the 3rd of February between 8AM - 12NN to help us resolve the issue.

Your attendance or someone 18 yrs old and above is required.

Further updates will be given by your assigned Engineer via SMS or phone call.

Cheers!

BasilDV