Google Nest Wifi Setup

SOLVED Go to solution
63Rgb
Level 2

Hello TPG Community Help,

We have recently upgraded our TPG Broadband plan from HTTN to HTTP with very good speed. TPG also provided us the Modem/Router VX220-G2v which is very good when we reboot the device. After a day or so,the WIFI speed gets reduced to less than 50% and then i have to reboot to get the best available speed.

I was using Google Nest Wifi for the last 2 years or so with my FTTN connection, and we didnt had any issue with the speed and we never had to restart the Google Wifi device during that period.

I heard that with FTTP connection, we can directly use "Google Nest Wifi" as router by connecting to NBN Box WAN Port.

Could anyone help me with the setup instruction to conect "Google NEST Wifi" to the NBN Box FTTP and we can then replace VX220-G2v  with Google Nest device. This being a mesh device, it does auto clearing of the signal issue.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @63Rgb 

Congratulations on getting the fibre upgrade.

With this new technology, you are correct that you can use any third party router that can be connected to the NBN NTD box.

Since you've used this with your FTTN technology, you just need to factory reset it, for you to start fresh.

Once done, just connect the NBN NTD box to the WAN port of the router.

Access the router interface, then configure it with PPPoE. Make sure you use the correct TPG username and password to get it connected.

Save and that's it. Let us know how it goes.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @63Rgb 

Congratulations on getting the fibre upgrade.

With this new technology, you are correct that you can use any third party router that can be connected to the NBN NTD box.

Since you've used this with your FTTN technology, you just need to factory reset it, for you to start fresh.

Once done, just connect the NBN NTD box to the WAN port of the router.

Access the router interface, then configure it with PPPoE. Make sure you use the correct TPG username and password to get it connected.

Save and that's it. Let us know how it goes.

63Rgb
Level 2

Thank you so so much, BasilDV for your suggestion. I helped me to configure the Google Wifi Nest.

You are legend. Happy New Year 2024.

BasilDV

Great! Have a happy new year as well @63Rgb

Cheers!