Get online support

How do i set up a D-link COVR 1100 to a tp-link Acher VR1600v

wilsonsnbn
Level 2

Please give step by step instructions ... will not connect - driving us made

4 REPLIES 4
david64
Level 15

Hi @wilsonsnbn . Are you on FTTB or FTTN connection and you want to put Archer in bridge mode?

wilsonsnbn
Level 2

We are FTTN - please can you give detailed instructions how to do it FTTN / or putting Archer into bridge mode if you think that would work. Many thanks

david64
Level 15

@wilsonsnbn . Login to Archer admin. Go to Advanced, Network, DSL. 

Look at the interface with status Connected. In the VPI/VCI or VID column, note the value. Likely to be 2.

(Click the Modify icon for the interface if you want to check the username and password. These values are put in COVR. Then click Cancel.)

Basically, delete this interface and add new one in bridge mode.

You might need to do the operation Disconnect first.

Follow the instructions in first part of this thread.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Archer-vr1600v-bridge-mode-Totally-confused/m-p/1...

When Archer goes into bridge mode, you will not be able to access the admin function until reset.

The VOIP phone doesn't work in this mode.

The COVR settings are PPPoE, username and password. Connect COVR WAN port to Archer LAN port.

Thecheffer
Level 2
Thanks David - I’m pretty sure I’ve followed this. Have put the archer into bridge mode (VID=2 as per my original pppoe entry). I think the issue is with the google nest not wanting to authenticate an internet connection during setup. At no point does it ask what type of connection or for a pppoe username/password.