TPG Community

Get online support

How to connect TP Link Archer AX 73 to TPG NBN Arris CM8200? We are replacing old Archer VR1600V. Help please with step

anilpatelindia
Level 2

How to connect TP Link Archer AX 73 to TPG NBN Arris CM8200? We are replacing old Archer VR1600V. Help please with step

23 REPLIES 23
Shane

Hi anilpatelindia. 

Are you on standard TPG NBN-HFC that comes with VoIP? If so you simply need to setup the VLAN ID to '2' and enter your TPG username and password.

Here is another community thread about setting up TP Link Archer AX73 - https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Third-Party-Router-TP-Link-AX73/td-p/99542.

Let us know how it will go.

anilpatelindia
Level 2

Hi,

I tried everything.

I have connected VR1600V to NBN Arris CM8200 It was working fine since 2019.

This VR1600V started loosing Wifi to connected TV & other items so to upgrade purchased new  AX5400 AX73. When I connect this to NBN CM8200 I get No Internet One led RED. 

All parameters on TP Link wifi Net show 0.0.0.0

How to fix it?

Thank you.

Shane

Could you please post the connection settings of the new modem/router on this thread for reference. 

anilpatelindia
Level 2

New TP Link AX5400 AX 73 is connected to NBN CM8200 with ethernet cable.(Blue Port)

PC connected to TP Link AX5400AX73 with eathernet cable from (Yellow port).

Out of front 5 leds one internet led is red, all other 4 leds are green. 

Also I tried to connect old router with NBN modem & from old router yellow port to new router blue port. It show internet ok, wifi to other devices OK. But if I remove old router there is no internet.

Thank you.

Shane

For the internet to work using the new modem/router you have to configure its settings and use thet TPG username and password. Do you know how to do this? If not we would love to have our Technical Team to contact you to assist to provide the basic settings for the modem to work. 

anilpatelindia
Level 2

I have set up username & passward but when I open tplinkwifi.net it show no internet all other looks OK. IP Address subnet mask etc all show 0.0.0.0.

It will be great if someone from tech department call me please.

I am using TPG UltraFast NBN 

Thank you.

Shane

Sure, PM us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also your best contact number and preferred time.

How to send a PM ? - https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093.

BasilDV

Hi @anilpatelindia

We understand that our team has been in touch and advised you to get a modem/router that supports VLAN ID tagging.

Have a good day!

BasilDV

david64
Level 15

Hi @anilpatelindia . If you are on Ultrafast plan, VLAN is not used. Reconnect the VR1600 and look at its configuration. Is VLAN ID disabled?

Login to My Account and check that you are on Ultrafast plan.