Inconsistent NBN speed

niuleigh
Level 2

I have the NBN connection to the premise and experienced inconsistent speed and dropouts in the past 2 months. Called customer service and was told the reason might be too many devices at home(6 in total). Thought the modem wasn't good enough so I bought a Netgear Ac2300 one of best rated NBN modem and updated NBN plan to NBN 100.

However, the money spent hasn't improved the internet actually. I still experienced dropouts although it only lasts 1 second or so each time. It's nothing for internet browsing but terrible for gaming, I can play games at all with this speed. 

Since I've had the new modem and plan, I have been monitoring the speed. What I found 1. internet light turns on the modem turns red when internet lost, this happens a lot. 2. Internet speed reduced sometimes, for example, today the ping is 50-100 when it should be 10ms, latency also went to the roof sometimes. 

Does anyone experience the same? 

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @niuleigh

Welcome to the Community! 

We're sorry to learn about the issue you are experiencing with the service. We'd like to help and determine any underlying cause of the performance issue. 

I would recommend speaking with our Technical team so they can perform troubleshooting along with you. May I know your most convenient time to receive a call so I can organise a contact to be made? 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Hi @niuleigh

We just want to check if you are still experiencing issues with the connection? I've just ran a remote test and it showed that your modem is connected for 5days now, 

Should you still require assistance, kindly provide us with your best call back time so we can organise a contact to be made. 

Thank you! 

niuleigh
Level 2

Thank you for your reply.

My problem is not losing internet, it's slow from time to time. I will find time myself to call your support team.

Riezl

Not a problem, @niuleigh. Thank you.