Installation-No show

culasnetto23
Level 2

TPG keep on sending me reminders that my installation is today (31/1/2019) between 8am to 12pm and I took the day off work today. I waited until 12pm and no one showed up. I called TPG at about 12pm to have any update on whether they would come and the customer service officer informed me that they will get an update and call me. In the interim, I am to wait because the technician maybe delayed.

3pm came and no one showed up. At this stage not a single message or call to update me. I called TPG and was informed that the NBN technician didn't show up because "it was too hot for weather conditions". How absurd? When was this decided? I would have expected TPG to call me or send me a text message informing me that the hot weather has affected the appointment. No calls nor any text but plenty of texts to confirm the installation and there someone over 18 must be at home. Courtesy TPG.

Now I have to wait for TPG to arrange another date. Totally disastified with the events that took place today. Does this mean I go back to the beginning of the que. TPG please call me back with the date. I need this resolved.

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @culasnetto23,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We apologise for the inconvenience and understand your frustrations regarding the delay in your NBN installation.

Soon all of Australia will be connected to the NBN and while in many cases there is a smooth transition we apologise that this was not your experience.

We acknowledge the complexity of certain installations which can lead to unforeseen delays and sometimes additional appointments to complete the final installation, for which all internet providers are reliant upon NBN Co.

Our service delivery team is currently waiting for the update with our third party provider NBN Co. and your case manager will be in touch once available.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Erika

Hi @culasnetto23

One of our Case managers has tried to get in touch with you this afternoon but they were unsuccessful. 

Please let us know your best contact time and number via Private Message and we'll reschedule this for you. 

Regards, 

BasilDV

Hi @culasnetto23,

We understand that you contacted our Service delivery team and a new appointment for an NBN technician is booked to finish the installation of the account.

Further updates will be given by your case manager once available.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

BasilDV

sunhyung1234
Level 2

My next door neighbourhood is experiencing same problem as you.

She had an installation appointment today, but no show.

TPG customer service keep saying until new schedule arranged.

She spent a waste time of whole day!!

When I look at the posts on this community of TPG, it seems common problems amongst new TPG NBN customers.

TPG must make sure it is not happening to many of their customers instead of blaming to NBN corp.

Otherwise, TPG would lose new customers because of the bad reputation with frequent NO-SHOW NBN INSTALLATION.

My installation date is tomorrow. I hope it is not going to be happened to me.

Shane

Hi @sunhyung1234,

Delayed or rescheduled NBN installation sometimes caused by high demand for NBN connections they have encountered a technician resourcing issue and are finding it difficult to keep up with the demand.

To avoid redundancy and confusion, we've responded to your initial post located here.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!