Installation of NBN

tmillard
Level 3

At 3pm today, 25 February 2019, the NBN installer arrived to connect my house to the NBN network.  When I advised him that there was no coaxial cable connected through the house he advised me that I would need a technician to come and install one.  His excuse for not doing it himself was that NBN do not allow their personnel to enter ceiling spaces.

Previous correspondence, physical letters and emails from NBN advised me that my house would be inspected before installation.  I did not meet anyone who may have done this but subsequent letters indicate that NBN assumed my house was connected by coaxial cable via Pay TV.  Some 15 years ago it was; the service was used for a short time and then allowed to lay idle.  Some years ago an electrician connected my TV antenna to an extra room.  He used the idle cable in the ceiling to do this. 

Aware of this I sent an email to NBN Orders on 28 January 2019 to advise them of the cable situation so that the installer may allow more time if it became necessary.  In response I received a telephone call from a TPG overseas consultant asking me to explain the email.  She, regrettably, could not understand the situation at all so I advised I would tell the installer when he arrived.

Through an assumption by the inspector that my house was fully cabled, and a lack of communication skills with the TPG consultant I was disadvantaged today by the cancellation of the installation as detailed above.

I would now like TPG/NBN to install the cable at no cost to me.

15 REPLIES 15
tmillard
Level 3

To the administrator.  I would appreciate a response to this message, please.

Shane

Hi @tmillard,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us and providing details of the situation. Whilst we successfully install thousands of NBN services each week we would like to sincerely apologise that this was not your experience.

We are able to locate your account using your Community Details and we can see our Provisioning Team raised this to NBN Co. based on the latest log, there has been a delay in activating your service on the NBN service management end.

We will chase this up with our Provisioning Team and pass this on to them for additioanl reference. We'll request  urgent feedback within the day using the contact number associated with the account.

Regards,

tmillard
Level 3

Thanks, Shane.

tmillard
Level 3

I have received a phone call from a fellow in the Philippines who I cannot understand.  Is there a phone number to connect with an Australian, in Australia, please?

Ahra_G

Hi @tmillard,

All of our call centre team members undergo extensive ongoing training programs to ensure we maintain a high level of customer service, communication and product knowledge, which is something that we take very seriously at TPG. 

If you have had poor experience from our support team, we would like to review your recent interactions as part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best customer experience.

Moreover, I've seen that one of our Case Managers has tried discussing with you on how the installation will progress due to the availability of the physical connection for the service to get activated. 

I can arrange for another contact to be made from one of our Case Manager to clarify what will be our next step. 

May we know what's the most convenient time for you to receive a call tomorrow, 28 Feb? 

Thank you. 

tmillard
Level 3

I have an ear implant but I am still partly deaf.  Please let us continue our discussions by email.

Ahra_G

I understand, @tmillard. I'll have the officer assigned to provide updates and more information through email. 

We'll send them using the email address we have on file but should you have another preferred email address, please do send it to us via private message

Regards,

Ahra_G

tmillard
Level 3

Thank you.

Shane

You're welcome, @tmillard. We'll keep an eye on your NBN service installation. Further updates will be relayed via email. Let us know should you require further assistance.