TPG Community

Get online support

Installation technician did not show up, no communication

bighead
Level 2

I was told to stay home yesterday from 1:00 to 5:00 waiting for the installation technician. But he never turn up. There was no communication whatsever. I contacted TPG at about 5:00, they couldn't get update from NBN, but told me the technician could be late and just be patiant and wait. So I waited until bed time. 

No one bother to send me a messge informing me the scheduled installation is cancelled or postponed due to wahtever reason, leaving me waiting and chasing around. Each phone call could easily be a half an hour waiting game.

Very frustrated!

9 REPLIES 9
BasilDV

Hi @bighead,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We apologise for the inconvenience. This is concerning to know as this is not the type of service we aim to provide. We'd like to assist in the best possible way we can.

We failed to pull up an account using your community details. Please shoot me a private message with your TPG username or customer ID number. We'd like to look into it to understand the situation.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

bighead
Level 2

It's nearly a week now since they failed to attend the installation appointment. Haven't heard anything from NBN Co.

It's hard to believe this is real. How can they ignore a customer who has paid for the service like this? You may have reasons for the delay, but you can't ignore customers. By all means it's not acceptable!!!

bighead
Level 2

I just rang TPG again. The case manager told me that NBN Co reported that I refused the installation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this a normal practice???????????

Please see attached 

bighead
Level 2

I appreciate the manager's assistance. Now I am booked for 25th Jan. How do I avoid "refusing the appointment" this time?

I feel that TPG didn't help much either. I was told before as soon as they have information from NBN Co they would contact me. However NBN Co reported on 31st Dec that I "refused the appointment" and TPG didn't do anything until now I rang them. It's not easy to get the phone through to the case manager. each phone call takes anything form half an hour to one hour. So I rely them to contact me and they fail

Can I trust any body?

Rica_R

Hi @bighead,

We’re terribly sorry for this experience and would like to take this opportunity to see what can be done to make this right. We've seen that this concern has been raised to NBN Management by the Case Manager.

Your experience is important to us and we will be keeping a close eye on your case and will provide you with updates where possible.

stevepop
Level 2

I have waited at home for 4 hours without the technician showing up to install the nbn in my house.  Phoned TPG and they said they could not contact him.

Received a phone call from NBN co just now - told them my issue and they hanged up the phone.

Not very happy as I have taken the day off work to do this.

What happens now?

Ahra_G

Hi @stevepop

Welcome to the Community! 

We install thousands of NBN service everyday and we apologise that your installation experience has not been smooth sailing. I've managed to locate your account using your Community details and it appears that a Case Manager has been assigned to chase and follow up on the progress of the installation. 

I will arrange a contact to be made from a Case Manager to provide you with updates. Kindly expect it in an hour. 

Please don't hesitate to let me know should you have further queries. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Ahra_G

Hi @stevepop

We're glad to see that your service is already up and running.  Despite the setback, we hope the resolution has helped in making your experience with TPG a bit better. 

Should you require any assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again. 

Cheers! 

Level 2
Dear TPG.
I am not impressed with your disgusting service!! We've all been waiting since 1pm for the Technician to show up as per the email below!

This is outrageous, it's been a never ending headache ever since I signed up for TPG to get my services installed, I really don't care what your excuse is, I demand 3months worth of free internet or else don't bother installing the NBN because I'm so over your Companies lies.

What makes it worse is that no one is answering their phones on the 131423 contact number and they refer you to an online support person who doesn't even care and half the time isn't even there. I personally don't see why you cannot answer your phones, everyone else can.

I'm just disgusted and fed up with your useless Service. Can someone please forward this to whoever the Executive person is at TPG  as an official complaint...