TPG Community

Get online support

Multiple intermittent dropouts - NBN

SOLVED Go to solution
waynemichel
Level 3

I am experiencing multiple intermittent dropouts. These have been occurring since November last year. Every time I lodge a fault ticket through the TPG app, I am advised that, as the service is connected and running OK at the time, the fault ticket has been arbitrarily closed, with no recourse from my end.

I have kept track, through my router logs of the the dropouts since January 13th.

Since then, I have recorded more than ~70 dropouts, most lasting only 10-20 seconds, but some longer.

I have rebooted the router multiple times with no effect and I have power cycled both the modem and the router, again with no effect.

This is very frustrating as even a 10 second dropout is enough to interupt communications. The lack of effort from TPG staff is even more frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
waynemichel
Level 3

NBN technician arrived today and had the problem fixed in 5 minutes.

It has taken TPG 2 months to get around to arranging for NBN to attend and fix. So 2 months of the SAME fault and getting ignored does not make one happy with TPG customer service.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
BasilDV

Hi @waynemichel

Thanks for raising this with us.

We checked the account and was not able to detect any fault within the NBN network.

We'll raise this with our Senior tech team and have someone to call you today between 5PM - 6PM to check on this further.

BasilDV

waynemichel
Level 3

Great? customer service.

I had a phone call from TPG support this morning but there was no sound from TPG end. I got a text that the call was disconnected.

Got a call later today and advised by operator that my ticket was being passed to NBN for investigation.

Just got a text that stated (as they always do) that tests show the service is working, the ticket is closed and any technician appointment is cancelled.

The fault HAS NOT BEEN FIXED. Since I posted the original message on this forum, in 2 days, my service has dropped out approx. 37 times. Since 13 Jan, my service has dropped out approx 85 times. There is something wrong with the service, as other people on this forum complained.

As frustrating as this, I feel my next step is to contact the TIO and seek their assistance.

Shane

.Hi waynemichel,

We'd like to confirm if you are still having connection issues, we ran an initial test it shows the service has been connected for 2h 45m.

Regards,

Great? customer service.

I had a phone call from TPG support this morning but there was no sound from TPG end. I got a text that the call was disconnected.

Got a call later today and advised by operator that my ticket was being passed to NBN for investigation.

Just got a text that stated (as they always do) that tests show the service is working, the ticket is closed and any technician appointment is cancelled.

The fault HAS NOT BEEN FIXED. Since I posted the original message on this forum, in 2 days, my service has dropped out approx. 37 times. Since 13 Jan, my service has dropped out approx 85 times. There is something wrong with the service, as other people on this forum complained.

As frustrating as this, I feel my next step is to contact the TIO and seek their assistance.

waynemichel
Level 3

Still having MULTIPLE dropouts throughout the day. Today (28 Jan) so far, I have recorded at least 7 dropouts until now (15:07), so I will confirm I am still having connection issues SINCE NOVEMBER LAST YEAR.

"we ran an initial test it shows the service has been connected for 2h 45m." That lasted until about 04:30 this morning.

So clearly there is a problem as it has been ongoing since November last year and your solution is that it is fine when you test it so let's ignore it.

UPDATE: 29 July 12:51pm - ~20 dropouts since this message posted till now.

Shane

Thanks for the additional details. Send me your best contact number and preferred time, we'll have one of our Technicians to contact you for real-time test and investigation.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Still having MULTIPLE dropouts throughout the day. Today (28 Jan) so far, I have recorded at least 7 dropouts until now (15:07), so I will confirm I am still having connection issues SINCE NOVEMBER LAST YEAR.

"we ran an initial test it shows the service has been connected for 2h 45m." That lasted until about 04:30 this morning.

So clearly there is a problem as it has been ongoing since November last year and your solution is that it is fine when you test it so let's ignore it.

UPDATE: 29 July 12:51pm - ~20 dropouts since this message posted till now.

waynemichel
Level 3

NBN technician arrived today and had the problem fixed in 5 minutes.

It has taken TPG 2 months to get around to arranging for NBN to attend and fix. So 2 months of the SAME fault and getting ignored does not make one happy with TPG customer service.

Sharyn31
Level 2
I'm happy to hear you got it sorted. I've been having the same issue since May last year. Same as you intermittent, closed tickets with no outcome. In frustration I logged a complaint in January to which they never replied to, so I went to the Ombudsman. Today received a new modem, let's see if that fixes the problem.
Did the NBN technician tell you what the issue was?
whale
Level 4

What was the problem?

(I'm having lots of drop outs too)

Shane

Hi, 

I responded to your initial post located here

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

What was the problem?

(I'm having lots of drop outs too)