My internet is not working

Mii92
Level 3
Hi,
My internet is not working since yesterday. DSL indicator keeps flashing and internet indicator is off but wireless indicator and power is on.
I have checked the line as suggested in the troubleshooting page but nothing is unusual.

Please help to resolve the problem.
Thank you.
9 REPLIES 9
legcat
Level 4

Hi @Mii92 

Welcome to the community!

Do you have a homephone? If yes, can you do an isolation test and listen to the phone line?

If you don't know what isolation test means: just simply connect your homephone to the telephone wall socket and disconnect all others like router, filters etc.

Mii92
Level 3
Unfortunately no, I don't have a home phone.
Is there any other alternatives to do isolation test without homephone?
Mii92
Level 3
Unfortunately no, I don't have a home phone.
Is there any other alternatives to do isolation test without homephone?
legcat
Level 4

Yes, alternatively you can connect your modem directly to the telephone wall socket with the shortest adsl cable you can find maybe 1-2 meters.

Mii92
Level 3
After I checked, however, I believe my modem has been directly connected to the telephone wall socket since I didn't find any other wall socket that looks like that one
legcat
Level 4

Hi @Mii92 

If that's the case then flashing DSL light might mean a line problem (I could be wrong). Let's wait for a moderator to pick up your post and check this further.

Ahra_G

Hi @Mii92,

Welcome to TPG Community!

I've managed to locate your account using your Community details and did a remote line test. 

It appears that there is an issue on the outside line hence no signal is detected on the modem. I have since escalated the issue now to our Engineering Team. Please allow them sometime to further investigate. 

An update will be provided within the next 24hrs and it is likely that we're going to send a technician out to check the line. 

They will contact you either via phone call or SMS. Should you have a preferred time to be contacted, please do let us know so we can inform their team. 

Thanks! 

Mii92
Level 3
Thank you for your response.

I am okay anytime during weekend but I prefer to be contacted on the afternoon on weekdays.

Thank you.
BasilDV

This is noted @Mii92.

Our Engineers will be in touch once an update is available.

Cheers!

BasilDV