NBN Connection

Saints5981
Level 2

I am just wondering if my FTTP is working.

Sending you the photo of my NBN box and the status of lights.

Because if I disconnect my DSL connection from my modem the internet connection doesn't work.

attached is the photo of my NBN box

7 REPLIES 7
alanguide
Level 7

Have you waited to get the text messgee that you can go ahead?

Is the Uni-D1 port on the NTD box connected to the modem's WAN port?
Once that is done wait about 20 mins.

Saints5981
Level 2

Thank you for your reply.

I have already spoken to the TPG technician over the phone regarding this matter and he said I am connected already. What I want to know is whether am I using the fibre connection already or still using the old connection  FFTN. How do I know? My DSL cable is still connected to my modem.

david64
Level 15

Hi @Saints5981 . In your photo, the Optical and Alarm lights appear to be off. In normal operation, both should be green. I'd say that the FTTP box is not connected in the network. While the paperwork at TPG may have gone through, the config changes haven't been made. Maybe another few days, but only until Friday. Use the DSL connection until it stops working. 

When the FTTP box is active, connect the ethernet cable from your router WAN port to the UNI-Dx port notified in the email. Remove the DSL cable from the router.

The router may need a config change at the changeover: Disable VLAN ID, since it is not used on FTTP.

What model router do you have?

BasilDV

Hi @Saints5981 

If you received the notification that the NBN FTTP service is active, then you just need to follow the instructions that were sent via Email to set it up.

Make sure that the NBN NTD Optical light is on and solid green, as it indicates that it is ready.

If you did not receive any notification or don't know your UNI-Dx port for your service, then send us a private message with your account details and we will check it for you.

BaslDV

Saints5981
Level 2

Thanks, David for your reply. Yes, I think I need to configure my modem to WAN.

My router brand is ASUS DSL-AX82U.

Saints5981
Level 2

Thanks, BasilDV for your reply. I haven't received any text message from TPG but they called me that the FTTP connection is active. NBN NTD Optical light is on and solid green. UNI-Dx port is solid orange/amber.

BasilDV

If it's active, then you should be able to use the FTTP service.

If it's still not working, then we'd like to check on it for you.

We'll be waiting for your account details via PM.