TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Outage in Carindale, Qld - since Monday 13th- Is anyone else experincing this problem?

SOLVED Go to solution
Carindale88
Level 2

Folks,

Three days my internet has gone, second light on the NBN box is flashing, called tech support daily they apologies for the problem could not tell me when it is going to be fixed. Had bought data SIM card $200+ to keep my internet alive. Wow this is not good please help. I'm not in the cheap connection rate the above is costing me two months worths of subcription.

Then you look into the planned NBN outage for next week is my area at Camp Hill again is going to be out so it is looking very bleak.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
algibboda
Level 2

typical T & C's quotes

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
BasilDV

Hi @Carindale88,

Based on our service status.

The estimated time of restoration of the service is today 4:00 PM AEDST.Outage.png

Maintenance is required to make sure that the service will work properly. Once it's done, your service should start working. If not, then you can get back to us or contact our Tech team at 13 14 23 Opt. 2 + 2.

Cheers!

Carindale88
Level 2

Hello BasilDV,

Thanks for the update, wish that you pre warned us earlier, you need to lift up your game mate.

4th day outage encounting.

I'm a bit sceptical if it will be fix by this arvo.Fingers crossed.

Does this means after the fix this arvo that the preplanned outage for next week is cancelled?. 

Charles

Carindale88
Level 2

Hello BasilDV,

Just checking the exchange map;

What has Chapel Hill Qld exchange got to do with Carindale area outage?. I thought we are connected to the Camp Hill,Qld exchange , have you got this right?. Please check it again.

Charles

BasilDV

Hi @Carindale88,

Apologies if I got it mixed up.

I would like to look into your account to understand the situation of your service. Please shoot me a message with your TPG username or CID number.

Thanks!

BasilDV

Hi @Carindale88,

Thank you for providing your account details. We've deleted your recent comment with your customer ID. Please avoid the posting of personal details on the public page e.g. customer ID, telephone numbers and similar pieces of information as they may compromise your account security.

I checked the update from NBN Co. and learned that they found a fault on their network. They have their field services engaged to help us rectify the problem. There's no estimated time frame for restoration that they've given us and was informed that we will be updated as soon as it becomes available.

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience as our resources are limited since the network is owned by NBN. You'll be contacted by your assigned engineer once the service is up.

Cheers!

Carindale88
Level 2

Hello Basil DV

Thank you for the follow up on the NBN problem

Is it possible to provide us with a wireless modem ASAP for the interim until the problem is fixed as we were not given a time frame for restoration of the internet

We cannot go on like this indefinately

Carindale88
Level 2

Hello BasilDV,

Our internet is now back online, thank you for your help.

It must have been an appalling fault that NBN took four days to fix it. And TPG just sat quietly without offering any equipment substitute to their customer; no proactive measures. How are you monitoring your network traffic outages? are you relying on NBN? And what is stopping this from happening again? Am I supposed to pay premium for a service that I may lose for nearly a full working week?

BasilDV

Hi @Carindale88,

while we will endeavor to make the Service available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the Service is not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service. There are many factors outside of our control which affect the Services, such as but not limited to; the performance of third party suppliers and equipment and force majeure events. You may also refer to this link NBN, Service faults category under the TPG NBN Terms and Conditions. 

Should you need any assistance, please let us know.

Carindale88
Level 2

Hello BasilDV,

The NBN link is useless, it does not informed us in our area for outage, even you got your self mixed up. 

In future at the very least you could email your clients to their area that is about to be inconvinienced so that they can have some contigency plan in place. Where was Camp Hill,Qld,  NBN  notification?. What was the NBN fault anyway?. Have you  ever consider about lost of income / productivity / extra expense for your clients?. Are you going to compensate us?