TPG Community

Get online support

NBN connection rescheduled at the last minute! WHY?

jackwu79
Level 2
I just received an sms and email telling me my booking for installation has pushed back 1 month!

They suppose to come tomorrow already? What seems to be the issue????
5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @jackwu79 

Thanks for raising this with us and we apologise for the inconvenience.

We were able to locate your account using your community details and understand that you've been in touch with our NBN Provisioning team.

The NBN order has been placed in Held Status as additional materials need to be procured to complete the work. A new appointment will be provided once the material shortfall has been cleared.

BasilDV

jackwu79
Level 2
Thanks for getting back to me. Another question i have is my building is old and the place im in does not have HFC wall socket at all. Only old traditional landline phone socket that's now disconnected.

On the day of installation would the technician able to connect it if they have HFC unit with them? Just scared they turn up and telling me no HFC connection and cant proceed!
BasilDV

Hi @jackwu79 

We've checked your address and it shows that your address is under the NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building) technology. You may check it here: NBN address checker.

Here's the guide for the NBN FTTB setup.

BasilDV

jackwu79
Level 2
I just watched the video. So in that case i do not even require HFC unit! So the technician can infact come and connect the line in the building's MDF room! So why cancel my NBN installation then??? Now i have to waot 1 month and 1 week?!
jackwu79
Level 2
Just found out that the cause it was because these workers are on STRIKE! **!!!!

https://amp.theaustralian.com.au/breaking-news/hundreds-of-nbn-workers-walk-off-the-job-across-austr...