NBN dropouts everyday

jamesguo
Level 3

we didn't have any NBN connection issues before Dec last year.

but since late Dec, we've been expierencing frequent dropouts.

this week, it has been particularly bad. Everyday, around 12:30pm to 2:30, we would have at least 30mins disconnection .Today it was more than an hour dropout.

the internet light was flasing on hte NBN box then the modem router lost the internet.

I tried resetting the NBN box and restart the modem router. It didn't work.

10 REPLIES 10
Ahra_G

Hi @jamesguo

We have since replied to your post on this thread:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/TP-LINK-AC1200-router-firmware-upgrade/td-p/42130...

I have included some helpful Community articles regarding the connection issues however if there's no improvement in terms of stability, you may let us know of your most convenient time to receive a call from our Technical team for further assistance. 

Thanks! 

jamesguo
Level 3
Ok. Thanks for the reply.
First of all this is not Wi-Fi related issue! I have called your technical support line and also sent you guys a copy of log file from the modem router.
The modem shows no internet connection when the dropouts happened. I tried resetting and restarting the modem and nbn box.
Ahra_G

Hi @jamesguo

We understand that you have noticed the drop outs and has also done a reset on the modem. We need to do further isolation as it still shows that your connection from the line, to the modem and up to our server is stable and no drop has occurred, indicating a stable connection.

You did mention on this link (TP-LINK AC1200 router firmware upgrade) that you are currently using a Wi-Fi mesh. I would recommend to perform isolation tests so we can determine what's causing the drop outs. 

Kindly let us know of your best call back time so I can organise a contact to be made from our Technical Team. 

Thank you! 

jamesguo
Level 3
Ok. It’s dropped out again tonight. I turned off modem for 5 mins and still no internet. The internet light on the modem is off. Then I tried resetting the nbn box. Not working. Turned off the nbn box For three mins and restarted. Still not working.
I’m pretty sure there’s something wrong with the line.
I hope the NBN technician can sort this out.
jamesguo
Level 3
Btw the upstream light on NBN box is flashing. The online light is off.
Shane

Hi @jamesguo,

Thanks for the additional details. We're still waiting for your contact details. Let us know your best contact number and preferred time so we can arrange a call from one of our Technicians.

Regards,

jamesguo
Level 3

Thanks. I called your tech support line on Friday and a NBN technician will come to investigate tomorrow. Got a 5 hour dropout this afternoon.

I will update the post once the problem is identified.

Riezl

Hi @jamesguo, we have checked the status of your connection and it looks stable now. Feel free to message us should you need further assistance. Thank you.

jamesguo
Level 3

the NBN technitian came this morning, and fixed the problem. Nothing wrong with the line. but someone changed setting in the service pit/utility box oustide my house which caused the upstream signal to be 'negative'.

i will continue to monitor the internet in the next a couple of days.

Hopefully this has fixed the problem.