TPG Community

Get online support

NBN installer broke our tv antenna

SOLVED Go to solution
ferdinand46
Level 2
NBN installer came to my house and installed the NBN, He was struggling with the wiring and it took him more than 3 hours to finish it. He left then after 1 hour NBN was working but when I tried to turn on my TV there was no signal so I checked the antenna connection but the guy used our antenna outlet for nbn outlet. He literally just took off our antenna outlet and didn't bother to put it back, it will cost me $200/outlet to fix it and they were 2 tv antenna outlet not working. I will call tpg to rectify this because I am not going to pay $400 for tpg sending an irresponsible technician. I wish I have the technician number so I can call him directly because I am really pissed off, what is he thinking?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ferdinand46
Level 2
Technician came today and fixed the antenna. I am happy with your customer service and helped me following up my complaint to NBN, it took them more than one month to fix it but it was not your fault, thank you again.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Riezl

Hi @ferdinand46,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details.

We have raised the issue to our Provisioning Team for further investigation and a case manager will contact you before 3PM NSW time today to discuss the progression of the case.

If it's possible for you to PM us a photo of the broken antenna, that would help.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community - TPG Community

Riezl

Hi @ferdinand46, our Provisioning Team tried to contact you, but to no avail.

As per checking, your concern has been raised to NBN Co. and they are now investigating this.

Should you wish to receive a call from the case manager, please PM us your best contact number and most convenient time to receive a call. Thank you.

ferdinand46
Level 2
Thank you for your quick reply and action, I will wait for the NBN case manager to contact me and hoping they can send someone to fix the antenna.
ferdinand46
Level 2
The technician removed the antenna outlet and he replaced it to NBN outlet. Therefore there is no tv antenna to use, now I cannot use my TV because there is no antenna.
Will

Hi @ferdinand46

Is your antenna using a coaxial cable? If yes, it's possible that this could be a case where the NBN technician failed to install a splitter.

As noted by Riezl, your Case Manager has already tried to call you earlier but they were unable to reach you.

We can request for another call back tomorrow if you're amenable. Please send us a PM providing your best contact number and preferred time to be called so we can organize the callback.

Regards,

ferdinand46
Level 2
Yes it is Coaxial Cable and with splitter but the TV is still not working. Sorry I keep missing your call because I'm at work. I will call you later to get update. I really want my antenna fix as soon as possible.
Shane

Hi @ferdinand46,

Thanks for sending us your details. We passed this to our Provisioning Team and arranged a call tomorrow between 6-7PM AEST.

Make sure to keep your mobile available and let us know how it will go. Cheers!

mlot2612
Level 2
Hi Shane
I have the exact same problem. I have emailed your help desk team. Can you please arrange for our case to be assessed by the nbn installation team as soon as possible please?
BasilDV

Hi @mlot2612,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and it seems that the NBN was installed around February this year.

May we know when did you notice that the antenna of your TV is not working? Was it working fine after the installation last February?

Kind regards,

BasilDV