TPG Community

Get online support

NBN tech didn't show up, but says he did.

mxstardust
Level 2
Good evening,

Today (7th December) I had an appointment booked for NBN installation, between 1pm and 5pm.

At around 2:10PM I received an email saying my appointment has been rescheduled to a week from today, with no explanation why. I immediately rang your support number and spoke to a kind person about this, they said that according to NBN co, a tech arrived at my home around 2pm, and said I wasn't home.

This is flat out false, as I was sat in my lounge room, directly in front of my open front door, from 12pm until I received the email.

The lady I spoke to said to keep my phone on, and she would follow up and get back to me. I realised after hanging up that my mobile number was not up to date on my TPG account, but I logged in immediately and changed it to the correct one.

I never heard back, neither by phone or email and I really feel like I shouldn't have to wait a whole week, and cancel another day's plans, just to see if MAYBE they will show up this time. I think that is a reasonable concern considering they either had the wrong address, or just lied about showing up.

Part of the reason I'm making this post is to have my issue in writing, as after looking at these forums I've seen 1 or 2 other cases of NBN co not showing up, and the other reason is I would ask you to please follow this up and get back to me.

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Welcome to the community, @mxstardust !

I am sad to learn that the appointment has been rescheduled a weem from the original date. It is likely a provisioning issue causing delay in activating your service on the NBN service management end.

We will raise this to our NBN provisioning team to coorindate with NBNCo and request to get earliest possible appointment however it is not guarantee. Send me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include your best contact number.

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

On the other hand, you may update your contact details online, check this article that you may find helpful.

Using TPG My Account & Online Account Info .

Regards,

@mxstardust wrote:
Good evening,

Today (7th December) I had an appointment booked for NBN installation, between 1pm and 5pm.

At around 2:10PM I received an email saying my appointment has been rescheduled to a week from today, with no explanation why. I immediately rang your support number and spoke to a kind person about this, they said that according to NBN co, a tech arrived at my home around 2pm, and said I wasn't home.

This is flat out false, as I was sat in my lounge room, directly in front of my open front door, from 12pm until I received the email.

The lady I spoke to said to keep my phone on, and she would follow up and get back to me. I realised after hanging up that my mobile number was not up to date on my TPG account, but I logged in immediately and changed it to the correct one.

I never heard back, neither by phone or email and I really feel like I shouldn't have to wait a whole week, and cancel another day's plans, just to see if MAYBE they will show up this time. I think that is a reasonable concern considering they either had the wrong address, or just lied about showing up.

Part of the reason I'm making this post is to have my issue in writing, as after looking at these forums I've seen 1 or 2 other cases of NBN co not showing up, and the other reason is I would ask you to please follow this up and get back to me.

Thank you

Ahra_G

Hi @mxstardust

We definitely would like to check what happened in this instance.

Installation can generally take 10 working days however, we still provide a standard timeframe of 2-30 working days. 

Let us have your Customer ID or TPG username via private message  so we can get to the bottom of this.

Regards,

Ahra_G