TPG Community

Get online support

Need help with new NBN connection which sux

Nbnsux
Level 2
I also got an Ethernet cable and plugged in my new pc and got ping 5 download 6.4 wow and upload 3.9 so next...
Nbnsux
Level 2
Tried to upload image of how modem is set up but no luck
Nbnsux
Level 2
Interestingly when I try to run the speed test with Ethernet it said socket error then it worked then it said can’t connect to test server firewall or server issues? Then it worked again! This 5th attempt came back at ping 5 download 10.2 and upload no reading. What is going on!?
Nbnsux
Level 2
We also have wifi and wifi-5G showing as options are these the frequencies? Should one of these be off?
JovemarL

Hi @Nbnsux 

We have arrange a Call from our Helpdesk to help you with your speed issue.

About your question on Wifi-5G. 

The modem that we sent you is dual band that supports 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ.

We highly recommend to use the 5GHZ as it has minimal to zero interference as compared to 2.4GHZ.

Ahra_G

Hi @Nbnsux

I can see that the issue has now been raised to our Engineering Team for further investigation. Kindly allow them sometime to assess and determine any underlying cause of the connection issue.

Should you have further queries or requires additional assistance, feel free to let us know. 

Thank you. 

Nbnsux
Level 2
I need help fixing my NBN connection. This has been going on for weeks. I am sick of waiting to re do more of the same speed tests I have confirmed we are not getting internet that is worth having. No action has been taken to fix it just more tests confirming the same thing and more delays!

This cost me money yesterday and I’m not happy! We have a new business and use Hipages for leads. Due to internet not working I was unable to accept a lead instantly and we lost the lead!!!

1. Please make sure I’m not paying for this account until he internet is actually working!!!!

2. Send a new modem immediately.!!!! Advise when it will be received and I’d expect by tomorrow 2 August!!!!! Your staff keep telling me there is internet here so clearly anyone could figure that if it’s not actually working it must be the modem or nbn device!!!!! I have brand new phones and computers and none of them are getting internet even when plugged into the Ethernet cable as advised. Not good enough!!!!!

3. If the modem doesn’t work then send a technician!!!!!

4. Is NBN able to be connected via my Optus line????? I haven’t had this answered yet!!!! I had a live Optus line and the nbn guy connected to a disused Telstra line instead. This means I have lost my 2nd phone port and it means we had to install a phone port for that line in our house. Is this port installed correctly???? I will not pay more for this I believe I’m entitled to an nbn connection that is useable and I want it fixed now!!!!

If I lose another job this will go further than the ombudsman it’s not good enough I’m quite sure you would accept it in 2019. The last technician was not impressed having to wait for the speed tests to run because they were that slow!!!!!

Thank you for your immediate urgent response

Trudy

Sent from my iPhone
Nbnsux
Level 2
Ps if solution isn’t underway today I’ll start the ombudsman complaint this afternoon
BasilDV

Hi @Nbnsux,

We apologise for the inconvenience.

We understand that you were able to speak with our Engineering team and was advised that they require additional test since they weren't able to detect any fault within the NBN network.

In order to understand the nature of the issue, they require you to perform further tests. An Email was sent to you win the instructions on what to perform and they'll be waiting for the results to provide proper resolution.

Advise us once done and will chase it with your assigned Engineer.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Nbnsux
Level 2
I can confirm I’ve received no email despite checking constantly so I can send her the same message ive posted here. I’ve also checked junk mail and I’m on my mobile internet since home doesn’t work!!!!

I’m tired of tearing in working as best as I can without internet. My requests for resolution remain. I’d love to know what new test I could do because I’m not doing more speed tests they are a waste if my time and I can read I’ve taken screen shots and send and blah blah blah. Enough!!! I’ve reset the modem turned it on and off turned wifi off disconnected everything and plugged in the ** Ethernet cable I had to source. Enough! I’m really angry now!!! It doesn’t work!!!!!