New install No NBN

juditvajda22
Level 2

Hi TPG Customer Service,

The NBN black box was installed today in our home. The technician who did it said it should work right away. 

Needless to say no internet. We even bought a new modem and called TPG technical help twice and we went through the setup many times. All correct on our side. After a little mocking around the Customer rep told us that no NBN was connected yet. After that, we were placed in a queue to wait for a case manager. Each time of course nobody answered and this has to be a policy. (They might lose it or get bored - just park them) 

Wouldn't it be more correct to tell us the real connection time? Bad customer service as a start is just horrific. If we did not get a correct answer we need to cancel the service and go somewhere else. 

When we signed up we specifically stated that we need the internet right away as we have two businesses registered to this address, we work from here. 

Please solve this and reply when is the internet will be available, when is NBN be attached???

Thanks,

Judit

7 REPLIES 7
david64
Level 15

Hi @juditvajda22 . On the NBN black box, what lights are on?

What model wifi router do you have? What lights are on?

juditvajda22
Level 2

Yes, the lights are on and we have a TP-Link Archer AX 55 - backend set up too, we went over it with 2 rep. 

All correctly set up, we went through that with at least two other officers. It is confirmed that NBN is not ready yet - not attached to the property?! After finding this out a rep switched our phone to parking - searching for a case manager. But holding for more than 30 minutes I gave up, no one called back. NBN address check gives out the - your address not connected to the NBN yet, but their customer service is closed till Monday. 

We were with Telstra previously if that means anything. 

david64
Level 15

@juditvajda22 . If 3 green lights are on, it means you are connected to something; 4th green light means you are connected even more. If the NBNCo website says you are not connected, you might be in a changeover between Telstra and TPG (I thought the change would be instantaneous).

On the AX55, if the 4th light is blue, internet is connected. If it is orange, the NBN box is connected but internet is not active.

I'm surprised TPG took you through the AX55 setup since it is not a supported device. Did they tell you how to set VLAN ID=2? 

Do you have the router from before the AX55? What model was it? It might be easier to get the internet working with it first.

juditvajda22
Level 2

Hi David,

Unfortunately, still, no NBN connected to our property. There is something in the Cheltenham 3192 VIC area going on with Telstra. (we were with Telstra previously)  They have not made the changeover. 

I tried to call NBN but of course, they directed me back to my provider which is TPG. You guys have to look after this changeover with Telstra I think, or the NBN people. 

I would do it if I have the power, but they are not giving out the info. This left me with TPG. Could you please specifically check the address - why the NBN changeover is being late and how much longer we have to wait. 

PS: Last week before I made a contract with TPG, a Telstra guy was trying to reach me multiple times by email. They stated that my address will be switched off I need to make a choice and should be Telstra / otherwise if I chose another service provider I will be without internet for 4-6 weeks.

Now because they have a **ty service in the area and on top of that expensive and slow, I chose TPG. He reached me over the phone as well, blackmailing me very aggressively with the same statements. Therefore I specifically called TPG before I made my choice, as we have running businesses at our property, which needs connection. TPG told us no problem, the NBN connection will be almost instantaneous. The NBN technician came out Saturday, connected and left. After he left we found out we are not connected to the NBN so therefore we went to buy a new modem. Wasn't cheap mind you?

We talked with TPG customer service, they said the modem is fine, should work. Went through the set-up multiple times, so on our side the connection and settings are fine. (we are both in IT and programming, this work set-up does not exceed our skillset) Finally, some of the CS reps at TPG told us that it is the NBN connection itself that has not been established. So far, nobody contacted us about when our connection will be set up.  

Could you please look after the specific area and why is a delay in the changeover,

Thank you so much and have a great day,

Kind Regards,

Judit

david64
Level 15

@juditvajda22 . I'm not part of TPG so I can't action anything for you. I was initially providing some advice since moderators take their time looking at these problems. You can retry phone support or make a new post in Community.

BasilDV

Hi @juditvajda22

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account and checked the status of your NBN order.

It shows that the NBN technician appointment got completed, however, the status of the installation is still in progress.

This has been raised to our NBN Provisioning team and an SR ticket has been raised to activate the service.

An email or phone call notification will receive within 24 to 48 hours.

BasilDV

Ahra_G

Hi juditvajda22,

Looking at your account, it appears that the service was installed on 24 January 2022 however, we've detected that there is no signal being detected on the line. 

It was then raised to our Engineering team for further testing and as of today, 26 January 2022, we can confirm that your connection is working. 

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our self-help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

Cheers! 

Ahra_G

Hi David,

Unfortunately, still, no NBN connected to our property. There is something in the Cheltenham 3192 VIC area going on with Telstra. (we were with Telstra previously)  They have not made the changeover. 

I tried to call NBN but of course, they directed me back to my provider which is TPG. You guys have to look after this changeover with Telstra I think, or the NBN people. 

I would do it if I have the power, but they are not giving out the info. This left me with TPG. Could you please specifically check the address - why the NBN changeover is being late and how much longer we have to wait. 

PS: Last week before I made a contract with TPG, a Telstra guy was trying to reach me multiple times by email. They stated that my address will be switched off I need to make a choice and should be Telstra / otherwise if I chose another service provider I will be without internet for 4-6 weeks.

Now because they have a **ty service in the area and on top of that expensive and slow, I chose TPG. He reached me over the phone as well, blackmailing me very aggressively with the same statements. Therefore I specifically called TPG before I made my choice, as we have running businesses at our property, which needs connection. TPG told us no problem, the NBN connection will be almost instantaneous. The NBN technician came out Saturday, connected and left. After he left we found out we are not connected to the NBN so therefore we went to buy a new modem. Wasn't cheap mind you?

We talked with TPG customer service, they said the modem is fine, should work. Went through the set-up multiple times, so on our side the connection and settings are fine. (we are both in IT and programming, this work set-up does not exceed our skillset) Finally, some of the CS reps at TPG told us that it is the NBN connection itself that has not been established. So far, nobody contacted us about when our connection will be set up.  

Could you please look after the specific area and why is a delay in the changeover,

Thank you so much and have a great day,

Kind Regards,

Judit