TPG Community

Get online support

Not sure if my NBN connection is active yet?

SOLVED Go to solution
WillS
Level 2

I have just moved house, from an ADSL2 area to an NBN area.

I receved the NCD and WiFi modem before I moved just over a week ago.

I have not received the message saying "your connection is complete", but last thursday did receive text saying "TPG important reminder: your NBN service is awaiting activation, connect your NBN modem to avoid service disruption".

I've plugged averything in, the NCD has all 4 blue lights on, but the modem does not have the internet light on. The WiFi part works fine, I can connect to the modem but there's no internet connection.

I'm not sure if it should be active as all I received is the reminder text, but no other texts first.

Is there some way to check the status of the connection process?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WillS
Level 2

All seems to be working now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WillS
Level 2

Just got the "NBN installation is complete" message, so will get somebody at home to give it a try.

Strange that I get a reminder 4 days before the installation complete message.

BasilDV

Hi @WillS 

Welcome to TPG Community!

As you've mentioned that you received a text saying "TPG important reminder: your NBN service is awaiting activation, connect your NBN modem to avoid service disruption", it means that the activation of the account is still in progress, which is why the internet was not working when you connect everything as advised.

We were able to locate your account using your community details and it appears that the account is now active and the internet is working within specification.

Should you require any assistance, please let us know.

Regards,

BasilDV

WillS
Level 2

All seems to be working now.

Ahra_G

Glad to hear, @WillS!

Should you require any assistance, please don't hesitate to reach our to us again. 

Cheers!